July 20Th Is Here

MrPoletski

Still Fresh
So,

It was supopsedly 13-14th for starting mass production, then the 20th at the latest. All the to-do items were completed over a week ago, is there anything standing in the way of the first (albeit not the 'full') mass production run now?

Maybe I am being too impatient in waiting for the next update... ;)

yes, the first 100 units will be fully tested. once those 100 units work, then they give the green light to the mass production company, that will build them all.
this could be asked in another thread but never mind, im used to it.

Gruso said:
Did they actually say the 20th? Assuming there have been no updates since this, the first 105 boards should be done some time this week. Then case mould creation can begin.

yes, from "and we're still alive":

So, first test mass production is still due to be finished on July 20th...

Sounds like this success was reported outside of the normal blog on the main site, nevermind;)

So my next question is... do we have a eta on final mass production start and how long that might be expected to take once commenced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Typical me, only remembering the most recent thing that was said. :D

Read ED's posts in this thread, it should give you an idea of what will happen once these first 100 arrive.

lets just wait for "all units complete" =)

ps- sorry i'm bit looped right now XD

I hope some dev can post here the status of those 105 units :)

I wonder what they have decided about what will they do with those units. Send them to developers?

Craig finally resolved the customs issue, so the parts (parts for 2000 Pandoras) finally are moving towards their destination.
The other 2000 parts did pass the customs without any problems a few days earlier, btw.
So, first test mass production is still due to be finished on July 20th (you know, the ones we ordered a while ago) and all the parts are also on their way - which means: COMPLETE mass production of the boards could be happening soon!

Looking at the blog post and the bolded part here, we see that they're saying the inards of the system should be done one the 20th. Hopefully they didnt experience any problems here and we'll hear something by the end of the week like "they've bee finished!" The thing is even if they're done it doesnt change the fact that we still have to wait for the facotry to finish adjusting the case. So the 20th deadline is really the least of our worries. the 105 boards still have to be distributed in a manner that helps the final device either by sending to devs or suitable testers with the ability to gauge what needs fixing. Perhaps the finished boards will all be sent to devs to work on their apps and then they'll receive the cases later?

Just did a blog posts with more info.

No, we didn't experience any problems - the MP facility just took a bit more time to optimize their machines, so the boards do take 10 days longer.
No time lost however, as we don't urgently need those boards yet (we can't ship them without a case ;)) and a better optimization means we'll have a lower failure rate which means final mass production will be a bit quicker :)

EvilDragon said:
Just did a blog posts with more info.

No, we didn't experience any problems - the MP facility just took a bit more time to optimize their machines, so the boards do take 10 days longer.
No time lost however, as we don't urgently need those boards yet (we can't ship them without a case ;) ) and a better optimization means we'll have a lower failure rate which means final mass production will be a bit quicker :)
i want to reach that daylight of the tunnel!!!

Thanks ED. We appreciate your updates!

Well al least one of my questions were answered. That's a very good thing :D

Haha, didn't I say August in an earlier post?

How lovely, everything's well within calculation now.

SirAileron said:
Haha, didn't I say August in an earlier post?

How lovely, everything's well within calculation now.
You said "August", for what? Finished Pandoras ???

Back