Join What Has Been Split

Should GP32x and the Pandora / Pyra-Boards rejoin?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on a new website for the OpenPandora / Pyra boards and I would have the possibility to join different boards together.

I thought to myself:
With Craig gone for a while now and the former GP32x slowly dying now: Why not try to rejoin both boards again?
Join what has been split. Let GP32x live on at the OpenPandora / Pyra boards rather than being left alone in the dark. Many members from here have an account over at the Pandora boards as well, so why not merge their accounts?

So I did a test-import and created an example how this could work:
I joined the forums, merged categories that existed on both boards and tried to properly include the other categories using tabs, so that the forums still stay clean.

You can take a look at the result here:
http://www.pyra-handheld.com/boards/

You can use your user to logon, you can already do test posts or browse through the boards. (Just remember that this is just a test, everything you post there will be deleted when we're ready to migrate).
(If you also got a user at the Pandora boards, you need to use the password from there).

Do not be afraid of the theme - it's a work in progress and I haven't finished working on the theme right now.

The question is: What do YOU think?
Should we rejoin both boards?

Please vote and discuss.

As long as nothing gets lost in the transfer, I'm definitely all for it.

Without the transfer I fear that these boards will eventually be lost and forgotten. There's a wealth of information and bits and bobs here that should forever be accessible.

Sounds like the way to go, besides it will save you the hassle of maintaining a separate forum that sees such little traffic. The merge will probably increase the activity in the GP sections :) Thanks for keeping this board and all the file archives around for so long!

Back