I''ve Just Got A Wiz

'Dreammanias' said:
Play asia announced a shipping date on May, 2009. Is there some delay for the launch ?
As far as I understand, GPH are shipping the GP2X Wiz on the 30th of April to their distributors, hence they will get them in the first week of May.

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
'fettouhi' said:
'Dreammanias' said:
Play asia announced a shipping date on May, 2009. Is there some delay for the launch ?
As far as I understand, GPH are shipping the GP2X Wiz on the 30th of April to their distributors, hence they will get them in the first week of May.

Regards

André

Yups we hope to have those :wiz: 's begin May :D

This is why I wish Playasia listed an actual date instead of a month. The first and last weeks of May are completely different things, after all!

'DurTahar' said:
This is why I wish Playasia listed an actual date instead of a month. The first and last weeks of May are completely different things, after all!
Maybe so, but it is always hard to tell when your orderd GPH products arrive ;)

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that adictron.eu and gp2xstore.com currently have Wiz in stock.
Just ordered one from adictron.eu. Looking forward to have my hands on it ;)

Prophet said:
Note this is an early unoptimized build, so it's a bit slow.
I would attribute a lot of the speed loss to SDL and and what ever fix they put in it to try and fix the diag tear. It was already confirmed that this solution cut performance down a lot.

I hope they come out with the opengles solution soon.

'smiloo' said:
Just wanted to say that adictron.eu and gp2xstore.com currently have Wiz in stock.
gp2xstore had these "in stock" signs in green letters for about a month. I don't think they have the consoles yet. If they do, it's about time they ship me one, since I pre-ordered one from them more than a month ago, and they already charged me for it.

said:
gp2xstore had these "in stock" signs in green letters for about a month. I don't think they have the consoles yet. If they do, it's about time they ship me one, since I pre-ordered one from them more than a month ago, and they already charged me for it.

Yeah I am a little reluctant to order from a store that says they are in stock but still have a "Item available for Preorder Due in Stock: Apr 25, 2009" for the same item. GP2XStore also says Gp2x Wiz Asura Cross Wired and the other commercial games are in stock but "Available For Preorder
Due in Stock: May 31, 2009" I am sorry but that is just a little misleading and not very accurate for customers who have already preordered.
@Ghaleon: They never sent you an order confirmation even though they already charged your credit card?

'geise69' said:
@Ghaleon: They never sent you an order confirmation even though they already charged your credit card?
Geise, they did send me an order confirmation.

FYI, my "first impressions" post has been added to
CODE
http://play-asia-rulez.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the article Flavor, sounds good so far. If the diagonal tearing can be effectively addressed in software (w/o too much speed hit) then we have a winner.

Too bad about the new delay.

It's out now :D Together with the return of gp32x.de :)

Have a lot of shipping to do today...

Last edited:
Back