I've Finished My Torrent Site

So they'll only tell me to stop?
Won't they terminate my service meaning I can never get broadband again?

Also torrents aren't illegal so technicly I am not hosting anything illegal!

sam fisher posted on May 17 2004 at 10:54 PM said:

im sure they would warn u first.

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on May 17 2004 at 09:39 PM said:
*imagines a super team of mulder and skully and the people from spooks busting through sam fishers door pushing over his pc*
Or the head guys at the FBI saying "Damn it!, he's got a disclaimer. He's got us cornered! We can't do anything now." :)

sam fisher posted on May 17 2004 at 09:54 PM said:

Your allowing the spread of illegal files.

IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

Yes, there is a possibility that you will have your connection revoked and you will be black listed and never get service again.

Theres a chance you will be sued thousands of pounds.

There is a chance you will go to jail.

Basically, if your worried, don't do it.

As myself and pinkspider have pointed out though, the chance of you being caught is pretty low.

I myself have recieved a few letters from the MPAA regarding my use of edonkey, naturally i stopped downloading films. Who knows what they may have done if i continued to break the law?

Sam, can you please stop posting multiple threads about the same thing one after another? It gets really annoying in the end. Just continue the current thread, and if it's interesting enough, you wont have to worry about people not answering.

Cheers

Merging all these threads together.

Or the head guys at the FBI saying "Damn it!, he's got a disclaimer. He's got us cornered! We can't do anything now."

that made me piss myself with lafter(spelt horribly wrong) Any way I am going to make it strictly legal files only. Its in my dads name(the connection soi I don't want hime getting sued) so please only upload legal files if you could. Like thoses legal animatrix ones and the zelda trailers.

Something's wrong. I deleted my torrent file cause i had to change it, but now it says the file already exists, although it's not seen at the index-page. Is this a bug?
I'll try renaming the torrent file.

Edit: The tracker seems to be down...?

Is anyone going to use it over knight because if not I will turn off my oc to save power.
If there are no replys to this message in 5nins the tracker will be "terminated!"

:D , hey ya. Good luck with the Torrent site although it looks like it's gonna be difficult to maintain. From what i have heard from the other torrent forums is that you'll always get a letter first asking you to stop. Having said this some ISPs are reluctant to send letters threatening loss of service as some of the smaller ISPs in GB have started refusing to share the details of customers with agencies. As a result people are leaving the larger companiesupon reciept of a warning letter and taking their business elsewhere. Also i have to agree, it is unlikely that the authorities would be interested in your tiny outfit and comparitively low upload/download speeds when they have huge file sharing oraginsations (not naming any names) and people such as students who abuse university connections to host much larger operations.

Hope thats useful, didn't want my first post to be spam B) .

Torrent should be back up in about 10mins. I had to reinstall xp and format hard drive. How ever I backed up the current torrents and users. Anyway www.gp32torrent.tk Please only legal stuff.
Its up now.

Back