i've been inspired :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike89

Still Fresh
the p&|a and the :gp2x: have inspired me to possibly make my own multi platform thingymagerger emulation gamesystem

You are going to make a custom motherboard.... doesn't that take thousands of *insert local currency here* in R&D to start with even?

Edited to make it understandable world wide

Yep. The comments about these forums being better than GP32X are spot on. This thread is all the evidence needed.

TaG said:
Yep. The comments about these forums being better than GP32X are spot on. This thread is all the evidence needed.
i will have your children, right here on the spot.

I have read your first post again and it seems you are going to construct a MAME cabinet. Is this correct?

Forget my previous post, I'm asking seriously here. What are you planning - you didn't give much deatil. nvidia video card doesn't sound very portable. I thought you were making a laptop or even small desktop. Why pick those specific components? If you're going to make several you can't already have them at hand - you said you were going to make one for you, your mate and a few others before the edits.

this is a lil off topic but i just realized something! could replace parts needed to be upgraded on a pandora (once its out) ????
because if so i'll just buy a open pandora p&|a :ph34r:

TaG said:
Forget my previous post, I'm asking seriously here. What are you planning - you didn't give much deatil. nvidia video card doesn't sound very portable. I thought you were making a laptop or even small desktop. Why pick those specific components? If you're going to make several you can't already have them at hand - you said you were going to make one for you, your mate and a few others before the edits.

mabey not nvida but anyway a laptop type mame machine the whole thing about making more then one forget that too also those were just nice componits i'll update later

A normal post...

Hm, have you heard of UMPC's?
If you haven't you should look them up, they could help you achieve what you want, as far as hardware goes, I mean you could base what you want of an UMPC. (Feels weird saying 'An UMPC' although grammatically it's correct...still feels better to say 'A UMPC'...oh crap I'm rambling)

Digital_Cube_G43_UMPC_1.jpg

htc-umpc-2007.jpg

wibrain-umpc-b1.jpg

There are many variations and designs, so just google image search away :)

No probs, I only heard about them a week ago from a friend, and can't really afford one now, so I don't have any experience with them, but I'm sure someone here on the forum has?
I just thought that UMPC's tend to be very powerful, and you're machine wouldn't need that much power, so maybe a stripped-down, cheaper UMPC customized for gaming?
I dunno, Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back