i've been inspired :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, you dont see the practicality in using a UMPC as a gaming device, but you do in building your own handheld.

and of course they have usb

no if they have usb i might get one plus this one could be for gaming:
samsung-q1-ultra-umpc.jpg

or this one with a gaming pad
umpc.jpg

will some one answer this question i already asked?

can you upgrade the p&|a (when it comes out)

edited because its not out yet

spike89 said:
can you upgrade the p&|a (when it comes out)

Well, you can 'upgrade' anything really, it's just a matter of what risks you're willing to make, and how far you're willing to go.
I mean, you could put extra RAM into a console, but the work needed would be phenomenal (including rewriting firmwares or ios' which of course would need source), and in most cases, near impossible. (Depending on the console of course)
But my point is, when you buy a console, you are basically buying hardware so you can do what you want; luckily, the Pandora is open-source so it makes most things easier.

I personally wont do much hardware mods with my Pandora, although my friend (ryan0, expect to see his name around the place soon, he tends to get around in hardware modding circles, made some neat PSP mods) will most likely hardmod his.

So yeah, you can upgrade it, but requires alot of work, patience and skill. :)

yes but i wanna play new gen games *sigh*

hmmm... but looking into the hardware the pandora is a steal great deal but still i can play all those old games on my ds

spike89 said:

hmmm... but looking into the hardware the pandora is a steal great deal but still i can play all those old games on my ds
whats makes tablet pcs any different? they dont play new gen games either. why do you care so much about new gen games? explain why.

wow anyone see this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45gaEmrmduk&feature=related[/youtube]

PoisonedV said:
spike89 said:

whats makes tablet pcs any different? they dont play new gen games either. why do you care so much about new gen games? explain why.
I love retro but i have a ds so i already play retro

can you answer my question though, and explain what you like about new gen games? Im not criticizing, just asking.

i dunno i just like stuff like halo there fun :0 and soul caliber 4!
i might just get a p&|a and upgrade though

Ok. well then.
No UMPC or handheld gaming system will play those. eeePC will, but its a netbook and not a gamin system or a UMPC.
the pandora has about equal power to a lot of UMPC's I see- the difference is, it's power can better be utilized for gaming.

EEE pc cant run xbox360 games in the slightest my freind has one and it can barely run flash and it cant run a ps2 emulator we tried.

off topic kinda: pandora has or dosent have shoulder buttons?

spike89 said:
EEE pc cant run xbox360 games in the slightest my freind has one and it can barely run flash and it cant run a ps2 emulator we tried.

off topic kinda: pandora has or dosent have shoulder buttons?
zxdgdfgh890pj sdga78fyhsg89dfygujh89yfsdgsfjg89psdiyfsejfg89seurge40sifjsdogjisdfuigldfhgdfuiohd

wat

first of all, i didnt say it can run xbox360. where did you get that. its obvious it cant.
second, it can barely run flash because, well, thats a recurring problem on almost all linux systems, and obviously it can run a ps2 emu either since real desktops still have trouble and there isnt a single one that doesnt completely suck

off topic kinda: yes, it has 1 on each side.

do you... have you ever read a book, man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back