Itunes On Pandora?

Shock-Socks

Still Fresh
would it be possible to run a full functioning itunes on the pandora? if so, will anyone actually release a way to do it?

This will not be possible. Apple's iTunes software is not open source, and is only available for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.

Prometheus said:
This will not be possible. Apple's iTunes software is not open source, and is only available for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows.

yes, but there is a way to run it on linux machines, so even though itunes isn't opensource, someone could release a patch that would modify the itunes that you would download from apple, therefore, they wouldn't be releasing any of apples source, and, it would still run on the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
the "way" to run Itune on Linux is called WINE (aka Wine is not an emulator)...

I recommend you read this topic:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47749-the-pandora-can-not-run-windows-or-wine/

It just appends to be on top of the forum BTW.

Xian Long said:
it's an entirely different architecture. also, why would you even want itunes?
i just really like the way itunes works, and it's setup. plus, i'd be just something cool to show off to my tech savvy friends.

Shock-Socks said:
Xian Long said:
it's an entirely different architecture. also, why would you even want itunes?
i just really like the way itunes works, and it's setup. plus, i'd be just something cool to show off to my tech savvy friends.
Well, I'm sure something similar could be developed (or already exists, like Username points) for the Pandora eventually... by the way, most people you show your Pandora to won't understand the beauty it really is :p ...

Gary13579 said:
iTunes is shit, especially on Windows. It still amazes me why people use it.

I love it. I don't know why I just do... Though songbird came extremely close. In fact I'd probably use songbird except for the fact that they can't write m4a tags and have horrible iPod support.

@Trevsweb
The iPod support is horrible. Make sure you can restore your iPod and library or you might lose some stuff. It doesn't do a good job with artwork on the iPod. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't support the touch.

Banshee. Best Linux Media Player. Ever.

Or well, I actually prefer Amarok but Banshee comes close. Point is that there are a gazillion of alternatives out there. Don't stick to what you know; explore.

dflemstr said:
Banshee. Best Linux Media Player. Ever.

Or well, I actually prefer Amarok but Banshee comes close. Point is that there are a gazillion of alternatives out there. Don't stick to what you know; explore.
Amarok is KDE, it hurts me every time I try to use it :(. Other than that, it is pretty nice.

I'm also curious about iTunes because of the DRM on some of my music. I don't pirate any music and a good number are actually bought through iTunes.

darien said:
I'm also curious about iTunes because of the DRM on some of my music. I don't pirate any music and a good number are actually bought through iTunes.

Too bad, if you pirated them they would actually work on devices like pandora...

Itunes will never be supported on pandora, songbird is very similar and my be possible... google it.

Back