Issue with Line out, loose connection?

siddharta

Still Fresh
Hi there

Has anyone had issues with the audio out? As it seems, I have a loose contact which means that not both channels are properly working. It is not constantly, if I move the plug a bit, it can be fixed unless it`s moved again.

What can I do?

Cheers Christoph

Did you try with another speakers ?

Do you feel like something is moving inside ?

The problem occured with my headphones, I just checked it on my stereo and yes, the same here.

It feels as if I can move the plug a bit from side to side.

By the way, it's a first batch pandora if that helps. Never had the issue before..

Seems that the connector has to be changed.

I have no knowledge about that issue, let's wait for some official answer.

Got any contact cleaner?

If it's a first batch and hasn't been used for a while, it might've oxidated a bit.

Got any contact cleaner?

If it's a first batch and hasn't been used for a while, it might've oxidated a bit.
This. Plugs and sockets oxidize over time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006LVEU/

This stuff is a lifesaver. Spray it on your headphone's plug, put it in the jack, and twist it around a bit. See if that does the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thank's for your suggestions, I'll try it though the pandy was not really unused over a long time

Cheers Christoph

Does this problem also happens to the Pandora speakers? (It might be difficult to notice this).

If it does, try to press the case near the line out (or near the letter Z) see if it solves while you keep it pressed. I have the same issue, I think it is a connection on the PCB that got loose.

Ok, after the almighty WD40 had not done the trick, I screwed off the bottom and carefully bended the small metalpart of the audiosocket a bit so that the jack fits tighter.

Problem solved :p

Regards Christoph

Back