Pandora Screen Broken Or Just A Loose Connection?

kneo_ghau

Still Fresh
Hi guys

Slightly worse problem with my Pandora than the last thread, today i opened the lid up like always and suddenly when it's open all the way the screen gets a blue tint to it. Close the lid slightly (so not open as far back as it'll go) and it'll get the normal colours back again.

The hinge is fairly worn and keeps "falling" all the way open, it's not strong enough to hold it's self up with the lid open to much past 90 degrees and i'm wondering if this has contributed to something coming loose?

Think this is something easy i can fix? I've searched and can't find anything related to anyone having problems with the screen but might be using the wrong key words. Easy to take apart slightly and just clip something on or will it need to be posted off or am i basically screwed? While i'm no good at soldering or anything to fiddly i can do the basics

Any help much appreciated before i start crying :(

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56435-screen-turning-blue/

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55694-my-soul-died-a-little-today/page__st__120

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55896-purple-tint-of-death/page__st__15

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems "blue tint" was the keyword i was looking for

Any idea how i'd stand with warranty/repair status? When i pulled the battery out yesterday i saw it was a first batch model which ties in with the "first 100 made comment" i read. Also with it being second hand i'm not sure how that would affect things (hopefully it wouldn't :()

Will have a proper poke round in a bit when i get home (just leaving work at the moment so can't have a decent look online)

Thanks for posting those links though, gives me something to check a bit later

I'm afraid I don't know where you stand with the warranty, but I feel that it should be clarified that the First Batch label will be on all 4000 First Batch units - it's the serial number itself on that label that may (or may not - only the first 100 have sequential serial numbers, and the rest are random, with some later units having deceptively "low" numbers) give a clue, as that issue is believed to have affected the first 200 made.

You may want to drop an e-mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com - this is the customer service e-mail for Craig's store in the UK, and they *may* be able to advise you as to whether you're covered by the original warranty or not. Give them a couple of days to get back to you, though - this department is only two people strong, and they often have a lot of e-mails to get through.

Prometheus said:
I'm afraid I don't know where you stand with the warranty, but I feel that it should be clarified that the First Batch label will be on all 4000 First Batch units - it's the serial number itself on that label that may (or may not - only the first 100 have sequential serial numbers, and the rest are random, with some later units having deceptively "low" numbers) give a clue, as that issue is believed to have affected the first 200 made.

You may want to drop an e-mail to openpandorasales@gmail.com - this is the customer service e-mail for Craig's store in the UK, and they *may* be able to advise you as to whether you're covered by the original warranty or not. Give them a couple of days to get back to you, though - this department is only two people strong, and they often have a lot of e-mails to get through.
Thanks for this, i've fired off an email explaining the whole situation so will wait and see. I'll keep people updated, as far as i can see there's a general question mark over the whole warranty status under normal conditions and i expect i'm the first person to have a second hand pandora that needs a repair so i'm expecting this might take longer than usual while people check with the rest of the team etc.

I'll keep this thread updated though as although i might be the first i suspect i won't be the last, especially as more people get Pandora's (half the people in my office now want one after realising i wasn't playing a DS and was actually using a mini PC lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not heard anything back since i emailed them on the 24th. Is there anyone official/involved in the pandora sales/repair team that can comment on my situation as the screen is getting worse and worse every day and will be completely unusable soon

kNeo gHau said:
I've not heard anything back since i emailed them on the 24th. Is there anyone official/involved in the pandora sales/repair team that can comment on my situation as the screen is getting worse and worse every day and will be completely unusable soon

Either try to mail again, maybe using a different eMail address (might be in the Spam filter) or phone them up (phone number is on http://www.gbax.com)

Last edited:
Once i gave them the original order (to validate the warranty and possibly prove i've not stolen it ;)) they have agreed to repair under warranty, which is a huge relief for me!

They've requested i post it off which i can do tomorrow although the email didn't specify the address. The address on openpandora is

OpenPandora Ltd.
26 Meadow Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE15 7LP
England

Is this where i should be sending it?

Cheers

kNeo gHau said:
Once i gave them the original order (to validate the warranty and possibly prove i've not stolen it ;) ) they have agreed to repair under warranty, which is a huge relief for me!

They've requested i post it off which i can do tomorrow although the email didn't specify the address. The address on openpandora is

OpenPandora Ltd.
26 Meadow Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE15 7LP
England

Is this where i should be sending it?

Cheers
The address is the one.
Don't forget to add :
Code:
Returned under warranty for repair
CPC 4000065