Is This The Most Active Time Period In Terms Of The Amount Of News?

mazza558

Since I've only been a member/involved since the end of August, I've only seen the Pandora at the end of its development really. Would you say that the amount of blog posts now are more or less than they used to be? Are the forums a lot more active now?

mazza558 said:
Since I've only been a member/involved since the end of August, I've only seen the Pandora at the end of its development really. Would you say that the amount of blog posts now are more or less than they used to be? Are the forums a lot more active now?
I'd say that as far as blog posts are concerned, it's less. As far as blog posts && forum posts are concerned, then it's about the same.

The most active period in terms of amount of news was probably back before they had announced the name. Back when the discussion was all part of the "Our New Machine" topic. Those were fun times, especially the discussions about whether to use the OMAP or the i.MX31 chip.

EDIT: If you want to take your mind off of the current "crises" of the pandora, then I'd suggest reading through that topic, it's got some interesting tidbits, as well as interesting discussion. Just search for "Our New Machine: The Pandora" <-- I believe that's what it's called.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been checking out some of the videos I forgot about too, they're pretty interesting to watch. The more we have to talk about refund problems the less we are thinking about the hardware side of things.

[off topic]
There are real fun times ahead. Beta testing, fiddling, optimizing, hacking, creating, modding. Man I'm excited like I've never been about a toy for grown up kids :lol:
Sorry to be off topic, but my view is directed forwards and not backwards :p
I can't understand some people losing interest. Nothing has changed and we are still in the timeframe :)
[/off topic]

Now to be on topic:
Don't know, and don't care :)

[off topic]
There are real fun times ahead. Beta testing, fiddling, optimizing, hacking, creating, modding. Man I'm excited like I've never been about a toy for grown up kids laugh.gif
Sorry to be off topic, but my view is directed forwards and not backwards tongue.gif
I can't understand some people losing interest. Nothing has changed and we are still in the timeframe smile.gif
[/off topic]

I think people are losing interest as they have got themselves so hyped up for the console, that when a potential month / 2 month delay hits the proceedings, then its just too much for them to handle
Well thats me anyway :p Ive been teasing myself for weeks now playing through little bits of different games here & there, then reminding myself that I should wait for the Pandora, so I can play through these games in the comfort of my bed :D

As for updates, they peaked just before the preorders I would say, we got videos for different emulators, and the countdown to the preorders was an exciting time for some
Again it was exciting for me anyway.. :p

I've just installed Hexen II on my N800 yesterday and had already some cramps in my thumbs :lol:
Crappy controls :)

yes things are slow right now, not many things happening on the Gp32/Gp2x side.
The Pandora updates have been minimal, we may seen some more stuff as the dev units arrive.
But once the pandora ships things will ramp significantly.

Pickle said:
yes things are slow right now, not many things happening on the Gp32/Gp2x side.
The Pandora updates have been minimal, we may seen some more stuff as the dev units arrive.
But once the pandora ships things will ramp significantly.
That's actually been the worst part for me. I recently fixed my GP2X, but without much to play, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back