Is There A Way...[SOLVED - THANK YOU]

Kumaki

Is there a way to change the label of an SD Card without re-formatting?

I messed up when I formatted new SD cards...I gave them different label names.  I want to change that label name so that they are the same label name.

The reason for this is that, now my music files - the playlists - won't work in Audacious, because the file path is wrong.

It is looking for "media/CARD 2/song.mp3"

I put all the song files on the new card, and in the same folders an everything, but labelled it differently.

So now, on the new card, the path "media/CARD2/song.mp3" doen't work, because I called the new card "CARD 3"

I want to re-name "CARD 3" to "CARD 2" as well...but without losing any of the files I have on the card...so that my playlist in Audacious" will work no matter what card I have in Slot 2

See, the way I set up my Pandora...is to have all my main programs, and appdata files in the SD Card in Slot 1.

That card always stays.

The card in Slot 2 is for media.  Music, Movies, etc.

But, as I discovered...if I name the card with a different label on format....now, the playlist does not find the music files, because the path isn't right.

So I want to re-name the card.

How can this be done without re-formatting the card...without losing the files that are currently on the card?

Or can it be done?

If not, I suppose I'll bneed to get other SD Cards...format and name THEM correctly...then move all the files to THOSE cards...and re-format the existing cards...and name the right.

But I didn't think to do this when I first formatted them.  ARRRGH.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have access to a Win machine you could change that label name without reformatting..(i have tested on Fat32 card) don't know if it works for other filesystems

Does right clicking the sd card on the pandora not give you the option to change the name?

Does for me 

I have a Win machine.

I actually was able to put the card in my card reader....right click on it, and change the label name.  Wasn't sure if I could...or if it would screw up any of the data on the card.

All's well.

Back