GParted - Works Great!! THANK YOU!!

Kumaki

Not sure this is the correct area to post this, apologies in advance if it is not, then please move it to the appropriate place.

I recently got a Lexar 128GB SDXC 133X Class 10 card for my Pandora off EBay.

I had to format it first on my computer, which defaulted to exFAT.  GParted then re-formatted it in FAT32 for me, like I wanted.

See?  Even an idiot like me can do things when someone kindly tells them exactly how to correctly do it!

Anyway, this was just a shout out of THANK YOU for all the peeps who helped me with GParted, and with getting my new 128GB card formatted like I wanted.

I think one person turned me on to gparted in the first place, and two others - maybe one was the same...told me how to use it.

Problem was...at first, I had unformatted card, and tried to use GParted...not happening.  I then tried to format it with my computer, and then that worked, but formatted to exFAT which I did not want...but then GParted was able to make it FAT32 for me.

By the way it would be great to have an update for Gparted... the PND we have is ancient. I tried a compile of the newer version last weekend but it failed miserably (i need to compile more libraries) so the original maintainer may have better luck than me. 

Like lots of newer software it needs an updated glib to run.

Hard to do.

Well, he said... did he confirm that he got it compiled?

Maybe p'titSeb could put the latest 2.x and 3.x series of GTK+ and the GLib versions they need in Code::Blocks? That would make it a lot easier to port stuff that needs more recent versions of those. We could also put it in the firmware but you that would be hard to do without breaking compatibility of existing stuff.

Gtk1, gtk2 and gtk3 can co-exist peacefully. The problem is when you want both gtk 2.20 (the one currently on the firmware) and gtk 2.24 (the most recent one in the 2.x series) at the same time.

Gtk1, gtk2 and gtk3 can co-exist peacefully. The problem is when you want both gtk 2.20 (the one currently on the firmware) and gtk 2.24 (the most recent one in the 2.x series) at the same time.
Ok, so what would break if we replace gtk2.20 by gtk2.24 in the firmware? What is not compatible ? 

It shouldn't break a lot in the 2.x versions of gtk.

Newer glib can break more stuff.

hehe i used it 5 Minutes ago again to make simply a Swap USB Stick.

The Swapon Function helped too.

Now i have NAEV Running ;)

Back