Is My "cracked" (Coming Apart) Pandora Covered By Rma?

lobski

My Pandora is coming apart.

At the port side of the Pandora, there is only one screw to hold the unit housing together. The internal screw holder thingy broke off somehow. I think this is a terrible single point of failure, since at the other side, there are two screws holding the housing together. The screw housing/system that's right next to the USB port is gone, so there is no screw there.

Also, the two screws behind the battery does not seem to be doing a good job (not tight enough) to hold the housing together also, but maybe having a middle screw will fix this.

So my pandora's backside has a gaping hole:
pandoracrack.jpg

Here is a picture of a normal Pandora:
PandaBack_thumb.jpg

OPTIONS?

I had a similar issue with mine.
I took mine apart and found that the screws went into a riser (from the top towards the bottom) which had broken off internally as i could hear something rattling inside. I just superglued the riser back and screwed it all back together again. So it could possibly be fixed with replacing the bottom section of the case, however i would look at an RMA.

My broken case

Many Pandoras seems to be like this. I was lucky to get my device back together, after I had to open it for some Trigger fixes. My Pandora also has a completely wrong screw in the center place on the hinge part, it is a golden Wood screw!!! :eek: I still have no clue how this happend but there seems to be some mess during assembling. ^^"
These Spots around the screws are horribly bad designed, and I gues during assembling, Craig & Co. jamming the screws with such a brutal force in, that it just have to crack. I wonder why they do not be more gentle, torque sensitive Screwdrivers are also not a bad idea.

Thanks, I am going to contact ED and ask if I can just buy the bottom part of the case only.

Back