Is Anyone Working On Porting Lemonboy2X?

Does Visual Boy Advance not support Game Boy Colour?

VBA supports Game Boy Color, yes.

If someone makes a new GB emulator, please do some funky filter that looks like an old
LCD screen. Like with the shadows under the pixels and everything!

i took a look into lemonboy last night, its running aside from the problem that none of the game screen updates are drawing. Theres also an timing issue (running too slow), by the way the sound is.
But the issues are occurring on the PC linux build i did too, so maybe a bit more time and ill have it working. might go back and compare to original gnuboy sources.

menu works as expected.

Don't forget to turn LCD brightness down to 0% then it will have the look and feel of the crap screen that was the gbc! Actually got my gbc out last week and can't believe how dark the screen is in most light conditions, no wonder I played wsc and Ngpc more at the time!

Good news, ive fixed all the major PC/Pandora bugs. Video screen is drawn and the speed and sound issue is gone.
Im going to keep doing some cleanup on warning that are chocked full in the source. I also need to get some scaling added into the PC/Pandora build.

Awesome work Pickle! I am curious, how low can the pandora be clocked to with this and still maintain full speed? Gnuboy had super-low system requirements on pc.

Pickle said:
Good news, ive fixed all the major PC/Pandora bugs. Video screen is drawn and the speed and sound issue is gone.
Im going to keep doing some cleanup on warning that are chocked full in the source. I also need to get some scaling added into the PC/Pandora build.
Cool.

I heard you were looking at porting GpSP. Did you get anywhere with that? Did it look too hard to port?

To me I would rather have GBA than GBC but that is just me.

Thanks for all of the great work.

Last edited by a moderator:
what about the PC version of lemonboy? any plan on making a precompiled binary (or at least the source) of that one? I love the pandora but if it could help those running on x86 way better than what it already is :D

@davec: gpsp still isnt working yet, stevem got the recompiler not to segfault. but it seems to hang (just as the interpreter does) I was going to look at it again, but im not sure where the hang up is. Im also looking forward to having a usable GBA.

@laharl: I could release a PC version, while doing the pandora work i was debugging on a linux build. Windows should also work.

@God Ginrai: lemonboy is basically gnuboy with a gui and some fixes/improvements.

Back