What's with TINXL, also anyone porting Hedgewars?

yosh64

Website
yosh64.redirectme.net
hey

I was just wondering what's the go with TINXL, is it still in development? I was thinking of quickly putting together something if it wasn't, but nevermind.

If TINXL was nolonger active, I'd look at making a server where IRC users can connect so folks not using the Pandora can logon and chat. I'd also have it just read a specified text file that the game optionally spits out to report the status of a game. I wouldn't have a daemon, but rather a launcher, so if you want to play the game without launching the client you can just use the quick launcher and it will register ya for online play. I won't go any further into things, but it's something I have thought about. edit: I'd also just store user info in a text file, alike things are done on Linux.

Otherwise I was also thinking about just programming an IRC Bot, mainly because you could easily have backup servers/bots incase one goes down.

Also, is anyone porting Hedgewars? I was thinking about porting this, I just found this game the other day :). It's very much like Worms, and has slick GFX and online play.

cyas

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
yosh64 said:
Also, is anyone porting Hedgewars? I was thinking about porting this, I just found this game the other day :). It's very much like Worms, and has slick GFX and online play.
cyas
Don't know about any of the other stuff, sorry. But I know zodttd is porting it to the iPhone... maybe you could contact him. :)

Trip

Sorry, but I suck at explaining stuff :P
Website
ubuntufs.wordpress.com
Zod has already stated that he plans to port it to the Pandora, so I wouldn't worry about that :)

TINXL is still active as far as I know. Check the wiki page and maybe you can help out with it? more people working on that the better IMO :D