Introduce yourself

Here's my second try, I'm not entirely happy with it but here goes anyway.

I've been a member of the community for over seven years now, I picked up a GP2X F100 back in 2007 and I received my Pandora in May 2010.

I'm a bit of a hot sauce fan, I'm currently trying this one and the hottest that I've tried so far is this one. I also like investigating/researching the more unusual things in life, things like lucid dreams, Tulpas and Sanguinarians are all grist for the mill. I used to maintain a couple of mod packs for this game (NSFW) but had to stop due to lack of time, though my schedule seems to be less packed atm so hopefully I'll be able to start updating them again.

I've picked up a young lady on my travels who I'm completely devoted to, even though she does have a penchant for playing pranks on me.

I think that's about everything really, well apart from saying yay! I've finally finished my introduction post. I'm going to go and lay down now. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Should probably do my intro been here awhile.

My name is Chris I am a 31 year old guy and I have been part of the forums for awhile. I own two Pandora's but they don't get much use anymore. Waiting for the Pyra to come out and really getting into playing my laptop on the train rides to work so the Pandora took a backseat.

I live in Sydney, Australia with my fiancee and pets (A french bulldog and a Burmese cat). I work in IT as a system admin and well as things go I have a pretty good life. My passions are gaming, lifting and tinkering around the house and I am fairly house proud. Just the other day I setup a projector room complete with awesome electronic reclining chairs :D .  Aesthetics wise I guess I look more like a biker than a gamer as I am a solid guy with a shaved head and at the moment a beard. I guess because of that for some reason people don't think I am as short as I am 5'9 or so.  Although recently got a little bit of flab because I hurt my back and gained like 5 kilos (12 pounds) since I couldn't workout for awhile and ate like shit for a bit. But I am getting back into my training routine and it will go away soon :)

My sense of humour is a bit warped and it's not unusual for me to I offend/upset people, I really couldn't be bothered with the overly sensitive types.  I think I am one of the only people here with a warning post to their name.  Apparently suggesting to start a kick starter to hire bikers to kick start Craig's face to get the ICP2 money back was taking a joke too far.     

Anyways I could stay and rattle on about how much of a legend I am but I am sure the boards can only handle so much awesome.

Apparently suggesting to start a kick starter to hire bikers to kick start Craig's face to get the ICP2 money back was taking a joke too far.     
I don't support many kickstarter projects but I'd have put cash on that :D
Probably why I was giving the warning for giving people idea's. :p

Then again it was given as a reason of abuse, maybe I said something else but I can't remember what it was but I can't see what I posted but that's what I remember from it.  I wasn't invested in the icp2 and avoided that train wreck so i wouldn't have actually been annoyed.

I think I am one of the only people here with a warning post to their name. Apparently suggesting to start a kick starter to hire bikers to kick start Craig's face to get the ICP2 money back was taking a joke too far.
I got mine for posting about the 4chan anon who stole a skull from the Parisian Catacombs and ended up having sex with it. :)

Edit: I've found a copy of the 4chan thread, this one has pictures as well (the one I posted was just text). PM me if you want the link. ;)

Oh i thought you could see 1 warning post under the people with warnings guess it's hidden. That's why I thought I was the only one.

Well introduce yourself new people but be warned setting up kick starters about kicking peoples faces in and skullfucking aren't welcome here.  

I guess I look more like a biker than a gamer
The same might be said of me a lot of the time, although that is the thing of other family members and not really me.  I know some people are both, so I see no reason that one should exclude others (except in extreme cases on both sides).

My sense of humour is a bit warped and it's not unusual for me to I offend/upset people
There seems to be a lot of that here.  I try to keep mine under control to avoid causing problems since I really like this community.

I think I am one of the only people here with a warning post to their name.
I am surprised I don't have one every time I drop by.

Well introduce yourself new people but be warned setting up kick starters about kicking peoples faces in and skullfucking aren't welcome here.  
Maybe this is why I have been safe so far; I don't think I have posted anything that might be considered abusive toward heads.

Most importantly:

I own two Pandora's but they don't get much use anymore.
Have you considered selling one?  There seem to always be people looking for them.

Well I have thought about selling one or both but I never really wanted to as I felt I would be taking a sale from ED's shop. Plus dealing with international post and if anything goes wrong I would feel bad and for a few hundred or whatever dollars I couldn't be bothered.

Then again I just noticed none were available so that kind of changes my perspective somewhat will be making a post selling.

Hi I'm pylix

I've been gaming on desktops since I was about seven. I started with these demo discs

that would sometimes come in the mail. "age of empires" (the original) was a title that left a

lasting impression on me.

Because I was behind a computer so much, I learned a lot

about using software, and also learned more from researching

when I ran into problems.

I transitioned from "power user" to programmer in 2010

because I always envied programmers and it seemed

like a logical next step in my thirst for knowledge.

I'm a New Yorker, and recently graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science

this past may.

I've been following the openpandora project from around the time the units first started

to ship in 2010, but I didn't actually purchase my own copy until 2013.

I've always wanted to contribute to the openpandora project, but found myself too busy

with school. Now that I have graduated, I hope to be able to develop a bit

for the pandora. I'm pretty ambitious with what I want to do, nevertheless I'll try to take it one step at

a time.

I've been an on and off user of the IRC channel on freenode, and I have always wanted to make an

account and introduce myself here, but I frequently decided against it.

I'm glad that I'm finally doing so today.

expect to see me on the repo in the coming months :)

I guess this is more of a re-introduction.  Some of you may remember me from such forums as gp32x.de, where I was a moderator for a while, and an "official" PR guy for the pandora project.  After getting thrown under the bus on a bunch of stuff, I got burned out on the whole scene and stopped being involved.  I do still have my first batch pandora, and I do still use it on occasion.  I've been playing retro games more lately, and that led me to looking into possible upgrades.  That led me back here.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to jump on the pyra yet.  It will likely come down to the final price and what else is available when it's up for sale.

On the subject of warning points, I got 9999 or so from Craig but never found out why...

D.

Back