Resigning as a mod

Wally

I am a banana!
Hi all,

Over the last few days I have been on holiday in sunny central Australia where I have had some time to plan my future and i'm sorry to say but I am resigning as moderator (I don't want to retain my position either) for numerous personal / interpersonal reasons.

Some reasons are:

1) Too many people with opinions, second opinions and no sense at all. Some people here need to learn that a moderator's decision is final and they shouldn't argue the point.

2) I haven't got the time anymore. I have a life and a massive list of stuff to learn / optimise and get on with.

3) . As I am the only "active" mod and no new mods have been put on I would rather spend my time doing other things in the community away from the forum where I am able to learn new things (like coding) or work on the wiki / testing things as I always have.

I would like my position to be revoked on Sunday the 6th UK time.

On behalf of the community, thanks for all your good work and best of luck to your future endeavors.

Wally, thanks for being an incredibly generous, brave, and persistent mod here on boards.openpandora.org, and for being a great friend too.

I feel a little sad, but also very excited for you Wally. May 2013 be a year of fun, learning, and creativity for you :)

See you on IRC!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. You rock!

I will still stick around (including IRC) but it'll be more IRC (Just to stir Exophase and aTc up) ;)

Hey Wally,

All the best to you and thanks for the work you did here as a mod.

See you on irc :)

Also, is there any mod left now? I think we would need some...

Thanks for your excellent mod work!

Now I think we need not just one new mod, but several new ones, because I think that would be a more sustainable way to do it. No single mod can keep the boards sane forever - Wally succeeded for a surprisingly long time, and it will be hard to find a single replacement mod that will last as long. With 5-10 mods it could work, and perhaps Wally could even be part of such a mod-team?

Sorry to hear about you leaving your moderator position. You certainly know your job, thank you for all  the work done in this boards.

I wish you good luck in your new ventures.

Sad to see you resign, but thanks a lot for your work!

I'd appreciate it if you could stay until I decided the next new mods :)

Have browsed through the suggestions and profiles but not ultimately decided yet.

Thanks Wally for all your hard work as a Mod.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to see you resign, but thanks a lot for your work!

I'd appreciate it if you could stay until I decided the next new mods :)

Have browsed through the suggestions and profiles but not ultimately decided yet.

I'd be happy to but please don't keep it going forever ;) I will still be here as a regular but not as regular ;) Feel free to post suggestions in the moderator area (Its supposed to be used for something)

Well, I must say I rarely noticed you as a mod, which is good for 2 reasons:

1) compared to other forums this community is pretty well behaved.

2) you did an excellent job, mostly in the background, ie. without stirring up the pot.

I'm sure being a mod is more or less a fulltime job. So thanks for all you've done and good luck with your new challenges :)

If it helps you, I would offer myself if there is a real shortage for mods in my timezone in the evening, but there should be enough, I guess.

Cheers for the moderation Wally.

Illegitimi non carborundum :)

vader.jpg

Back