International Pandora Launch Party

Which meeting location would you prefer?

• Total voters

craigix said:
If someone wants to suggest somewhere in the south I'm all for it. I know it could not happen up here.
You've got that town hall, haven't you? String some lights, put a keg in the corner, fire up the barbeque and have an ol' fashioned tailgate!

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
I feel like that Pandora map can't be terribly accurate for North America...it has next to no one listed in the USA or Canada. There have to be more people from North America here...right?
That's because it's only displaying one page of people. You can view all by copying and pasting the "View in Google Earth" link into the search box, then hit search.

Defo said:
quadomatic said:
I feel like that Pandora map can't be terribly accurate for North America...it has next to no one listed in the USA or Canada. There have to be more people from North America here...right?
That's because it's only displaying one page of people. You can view all by copying and pasting the "View in Google Earth" link into the search box, then hit search.
It's also because it was heavily vandalized. Someone actually took the time to move a lot of people to seemingly random locations. I have no idea why.

WizardStan said:
Defo said:
quadomatic said:
It's also because it was heavily vandalized. Someone actually took the time to move a lot of people to seemingly random locations. I have no idea why.

Well that's mean...

I loaded into Google Earth, and even still, there are far fewer preorders in the USA than in Europe (or it at least looks that way). Looks like I'm a minority (again)

Well I work in a hotel in Bedford in the UK. If it's on a day the hotel is quiet and I can clear it with my boss I would probably be able to get everything at a staff discount. No promises though, it would depend on how much of a generous mood my boss is in.

ImmaculateChimp said:
quadomatic said:
ImmaculateChimp said:
I'd be all for it, anyone know of dirt cheap transportation to Europe/Asia/wherever it happens to be held?

Put yourself in a cardboard box and mail yourself there. Doesn't get cheaper than that.

hmm...I wonder if I could get away with doing that....

I just had a better idea...why not do multiple parties around the world and video skype them together?

Wait...time difference problems. Damn

I wonder if anyone from Ohio would be interested in something like this? I know we have a number of Ohioans here.
As of October 2009:
#1 GameMaster
djcpe
Poem58
zombiesatemygoldfish
Consequence_9
codemaster
MonkeyChops
Plowman
ikreos
greenmikey
beanoman
Promised Planet

and, our Developer Guest of Honor, Exophase himself! :lol:

If there's enough interest and the timing's right for my work schedule, I've got a great venue in Ossining NY (westchester). It'd have to be a byob situation but we've got plenty of big screens and net bandwidth for our socially awkward community :) . I love the idea of multiple parties around the globe despite the time difference.

Is there anyone else in Vancouver B.C. Canada who is getting a Pandora ? Might I be the only one... what a sad thought.
David...

Wolenber said:
I read this as International Pandora Lunch party.
I was disappointed.
Well, I doubt there's anything stopping all those party-attending folks from having a lunch launch party. :lol:

If it's down south, Bristol gets my vote, nice and easy to get to by train.
Are there any preorderers around the York area? I think I remember seeing one located at the university on the map...

London gets my vote. It's not very international for me, but at least I have a chance of getting there

Polossatik said:
no poll? :)

What about Brussels, Belgium... the centrum of the EU? and good beer.. :D

You have my vote! :D

Back