Insane Night Released

Actually, that game doesn't yet look too good for me.... as for now, the character seems to walk a long a two dimensional level, using the same slash over and over (+the combo system) against the same enemies. I'm not yet impressed...

I said that before and it still is valid.

maybe if she could jump and the levels would be more variated... like a old vampire kiler game :)

extremegamer posted on May 10 2004 at 02:23 AM said:
Thats not the point. There are plenty of games that really suck, but none of them were advertised as you'll be disappointed, but play our game anyhow, thats not how you advertise a game, homebrewn or not. And if the developer knew this, why did they continue on something that was crap and release crap.

Instead of going on to another crap project, they need to work on this one.
Dude, I'd say that's a pretty relevant point I was making.

Would you have preferred it if they'd advertised it as 'The most awesomely funky action game since Devil May Cry! This is so much fun your eyes WILL bleed! Download it now and play for maximum excitement!'. You'd have been a mite dissapointed, right? I don't see how you can vilify someone for being honest. Besides, it's not as if MadTeaTime have been advertising this all over the place; it's just spread throughout the GP32 community through word of mouth. You can hardly blame them for starting this thread.

Also, to call it crap is a little harsh. It's not as if the game has no redeeming features whatsoever. The graphics are among the better I've seen in a GP32 homebrew game and the concept shows some potential. Calling it outright crap is just crass and unthoughtful.

I agree they need to work on this (which I think they are) but there's nothing wrong with abandoning a project if it's your own personal work. If you've learned from the experience and your mistakes and successes then it's not time wasted. I just don't know how people can be so demanding of homebrew projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
They now have a new site. Check it out at http://madteatime.net. On there, there are details (in Korean) about a new game they're making called Dual?! - pAPayA ParADisE (http://php.chol.com/~neition0/witch_tt/ind...pl=4&nc=1&ct1=1). Also, take a look at this picture that was made:

411373.JPG

(I think that its a picture of the main character that's in Insane Night)

Back