If Pandora Is Successful Will There Be Another?

bustaballs

Would the team be willing to work on another awesome system if the Pandora is super successful?

I don't see why not. I just think it's funny to bring this up before the Pandora has even been released yet.

Sure, Pandora II will probably be talked about a couple of years after the Pandora has turned Craigix and co into millionaires :)

Squidge said:
Sure, Pandora II will probably be talked about a couple of years after the Pandora has turned Craigix and co into millionaires :)
-Yes, this little device made me a millionaire!!

* Oh, really?

-Yes, before I built it I had billions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :pandora1: :lol: :lol:

polooo2 said:
maybe by that time we'll have 6th generation console emulators ready.
Hmm, or we can get an ExpressPort-Micro addon with a SOC Xbox and PS2 from China on it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My head hurts enough as it is, let's just get the Pandora out and give everyone a few years rest, I'm sure there will be an OMAP4 one day...

hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on one of those sweet pandora lovin'

keep up the awesome work!

craigix said:
My head hurts enough as it is, let's just get the Pandora out and give everyone a few years rest, I'm sure there will be an OMAP4 one day...
You've done it now. Aug 30 2011. "Craig you've had a few years, Pandora II is already delayed." ;)

More like "I've heard a rumor that TI is releasing OMAP4 in 6 months, do you have Pandora II hardware yet? When can I pre-order?".

Technically, Cortex A9 should start showing up in silicon next year, and OMAP 4xxx won't be far behind. There's no reason the pandora can't go 3+ years to make sure its potential has been realized. By the time they start thinking about another one (if they do), we might be talking about some other core.

On a related note, I'm very interested to see what comes of Nvidia's license for the A9 core.

another advantage will be that we will probably keep the same physical console design and screen res (not much point in going higher res is there :) ) ... unless there proves to be some practical problem with the current design which is highly doubtful....

somethings that would be good to shoot for on the next pandora would be fully open chipset (wonder if the OGD1 project will get anywhere in that time...meh doubtfull) , gallium3d drivers from the git go and multitouch....

anexanhume said:
Technically, Cortex A9 should start showing up in silicon next year, and OMAP 4xxx won't be far behind. There's no reason the pandora can't go 3+ years to make sure its potential has been realized. By the time they start thinking about another one (if they do), we might be talking about some other core.

On a related note, I'm very interested to see what comes of Nvidia's license for the A9 core.

Coretex A8 was intro'ed in 2005. We're now seeing the OMAP silicon with it in 2008. That's a 3 year lag between IP intro and OMAP Silicon. Coretex A9 was intro'ed this year. So I'm gonna guesstimate that OMAP4 will come out sometime around 2011, with dev's being able to get it under NDA mid to late 2010. That means we have a little over 1.5 years rest for craigx and co. Sorry buddy, looks like we have to cut your vacation short.

This is sort of like asking if people like hamburgers will there be cheeseburgers?

Times change and technology advances. Even though Pandora is very advanced, 4 years from now it ill be very inferior. So if it's successful in that it still has a huge following then I'm sure something will come together, I mean who doesn't like cheese?

You consider a cheeseburger a hamburger II?
I doubt it took them 3 years to release the cheeseburger after they came up with the hamburger. Maybe like a week.

Kyosys said:
You consider a cheeseburger a hamburger II?
I doubt it took them 3 years to release the cheeseburger after they came up with the hamburger. Maybe like a week.
Try 50 years ;)

IceBerg303 said:
Even though Pandora is very advanced, 4 years from now it ill be very inferior.
I'd doubt that, it'll probably be 2 or 3 years before the major handhelds get replaced by new ones with similar specs to the Pandora. So maybe 4 years before it becomes average.

It took them that long to figure out that cheese tastes good on hamburgers? What the hell is it with past people

Back