If GP32 DevScene Stopped Today, How Would You Feel

if GP32 devScene stopped today, how would you feel

• very disappointed - GP32 isn't living up to my expectations in it's current state - wouldn't have bo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kind of disappointed, but still very happy with all the things it can do - satisfied with the state

• i am more than happy with what we've already got, anything beyond current state is icing on the cake

• Total voters

I also voted #2, i'm very happy with what we have and can't wait for future games and programs, I think of it this way. I have a non flu, so my $150 piece of hardware can already, play mp3s, videos, has a picture veiwer, text editor, ebooks, and emulators and games all fitting in your pocket. Try finding something that can do all that for $150. Palm pilots aren't made for gaming and finding a nice laptop that can run all the emulators and programs would be hard. Trust me, I've tried looking on Ebay.

So my hats off to Gamepark and all the great coders that brought us all our wonderful stuff, keep up the good work and Long Live GP32, Gamespot, eat my ass for saying this was a dead system.

yeah I have to say thank you aswell.

To all the coders that have and still currently are developing for the GP Thank You for all you hard work, it is far from unappriciated.

Here's hoping that people will continue to realize it's pontential for many years.

Alpha2 posted on Feb 10 2004 at 08:46 AM said:
Has anyone even started a fully 3d game for the GP yet? (besisdes the FPS games)I mean I just found out about it 2 weeks ago and finding out it's existed for as long as it has with so few "next gen" style games amazes me.
Yes mithris is working on a racing/rally game in 3d, I am currently doing a car model for it (a Ford Focus WRC), but it really isn't anywhere near a working state yet.

I went for the 2nd option btw :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good work has been done, and it's to be expected for a platform to slow down after a few years of good development. I think there'll be development for the GP32 for a while yet, but I'm really happy with what we've got already.

Thanks to everyone who's put in loads of hard work up till now - long may you continue :)

Cheers!

I'm in the same boat as Spiv really, I bought the GP32 not for the emulators and games, but because it seemed like an excellent development platform - ARM processor, LCD, few buttons, sound, smc storage, usb, etc. Originally I wanted to just play with the ARM processor and usb, and it seems to have gone a bit further than that now, what with gpDrive and the like.

same for me... but it's a shame that I don't have enough time to develop much for it because of my company and the exams at university :(

I voted for 1 because I just got my GP32, and it seems like a very unpolished work in progress. I see potential, and I may even try to learn coding myself, but it seems like a school project. I have a Zodiac and an iPAQ 4350 for my professional side, but the GP32 should be fun to just mess around with. By the way, what screw job decided to use smartmedia in these things? Those things were dying off a year ago.

Whats to complain about, theres already a limitless amount of games on nes snes master system etc... Theres no doubt that the gp32 has a great potential, but so far the gp32 is worth every penny. Let alone playing divx, mp3s and all the homebrewed games. O and whats wrong with Smart Media Cards? You can get them anywhere and they are so small you can place them anywhere.

If it stopped now, I would be 'content' with what it has a tthe moment. The icing on the cake would be full speed snes and md emulator. At the moment, my GBA is my platform of choice to develop for but the GP32 is getting played a LOT more :p

A big thanks goes out to all the coders :)

Jr2swiss posted on Feb 12 2004 at 06:09 AM said:
O and whats wrong with Smart Media Cards? You can get them anywhere and they are so small you can place them anywhere.
Have you ever heard of SD cards???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back