iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

And Craig, selling his house ? Mouhahaha is all I can say. I don't see this happening. Or maybe he is selling his house to get a bigger one with the money he made. 
That would be a neat way of using half truths for your reputation *lol*.

I'm wondering if I should request refund via that mail address now, or just wait and see if just all backers will get full/part refund.

I can't see the house being sold to refund backers either, I'd feel sorry for craig if he did have to do that, even with his lack of updates explaining any progress during the projects life... It wouldn't be nice to come to that

I have to say, having read the icp2 email in my inbox this morning and having met Craig a couple of years it made me quite worried for the bloke....that is, if it's true about him selling his house. 

I didn't back the icp2 but I do have the original device and a Pandora so I can't complain too much (even though I went through a fair amount of sh1t to get my Pandora). The fact is, Craig is either an idiot or a fraudster. If he's simply an idiot then I really feel for the guy, he must be going through hell right now.

If he's a fraudster, then we should all grab our pitchforks and head over to his place.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know for sure.

This is so much bullshit. Just gather the few dollars that are left and share it among the backers. At this point, I'd be happy to get back 10 bucks and just forget about this disaster. This is torture to keep receiving these stupid updates and be reminded of our mistakes ever once in a while.

Well, I can probably sell the parts fast if we just go cheap enough... at least something would move then.
ED, whom should I contact to state that instead of any refund, I'd rather donate the money to Pyra's development, or to Pandora remaining preorders, whichever you find it's best used?

I was just thinking craig is probably just waiting to close down openpandora ltd as he probably funneled some money that way. Which is illegal.

Similarly the money has to go through you to be directed elsewhere.  Contact whoever is in charge, that would be link i should think to have whatever you want set up.

Who is responsible to the backer for a refund is really the big question i have.

Btw: Pyra development is the most laudible goal i should think. Even if you want the situation overall to improve for the customers craig screwed over with openpandora ltd, pyra development is where something can happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw: Pyra development is the most laudible goal i should think. Even if you want the situation overall to improve for the customers craig screwed over with openpandora ltd, pyra development is where something can happen.
I agree, but maybe ED does not want to accept money for the Pyra yet.

Lets just see what happens...
That plan hasn't exactly worked too well for us so far.

Link has completely failed to engage with the backers in any meaningful way. He's sticking to monthly updates and ignoring questions, just like Craig did. I am by no means suggesting Link is in any way a fraud like Craig but it sure seems like he doesn't really give a crap and is trying to walk away from this. If the truth is to the contrary then he really needs to take a little time and set the record straight. 

Why is everyone after Link?

Really, none of this is his fault. Why shouldnt he distance himself?

Its not cool if craig loses his house but at least its the 'right' guy. Link is really just a bystander who helped craig (foolishly.)

He should point everyone to craig and call it a day...

But yea, maybe peoples deal is with link. He has some $$ i guess and can dispense that..

.. Or has he been fishy?

Well, if you're overly formalistic, then Link is the guy who actually had his name signed on the paper for the company that did arrange the kickstarter. Never mind that he had nothing to do with the practicalities...

...or, if you're pragmatic, then it is easier to go after a guy who actually shows himself from time to time, than to go after Craig who has gone completely to ground. Never mind it is easier if you're american to not have to go after someone in the UK.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with who actually deserves to be chased down. But if you put morals aside and put convenience first, well... 

At this point its simply a case of "who can provide a refund.

Thats the only person I am interested in dealing with.

As ed suggested, he could sell the remaining inventory cheap so that there will be buyers.

Thats a start.

Also ed had some money for production costs?

That will be refunded also.

Dunno what Craig is doing. Selling his house? Will he live in a caravan?

Why is everyone after Link? Really, none of this is his fault. Why shouldnt he distance himself?
I think you have seen that Link refuses to answer most of the questions asked by the backers.

If he has nothing to blame himself for, then why doesn't he communicate transparently ?

That's why people are getting concerned about Link, too.  

Why is everyone after Link?

Really, none of this is his fault. Why shouldnt he distance himself?

Its not cool if craig loses his house but at least its the 'right' guy. Link is really just a bystander who helped craig (foolishly.)

He should point everyone to craig and call it a day...

But yea, maybe peoples deal is with link. He has some $$ i guess and can dispense that..

.. Or has he been fishy?
Craig isnt losing his house, he is (supposedly) selling it, at market price (assumably)

If he does that and doesnt do full refunds he will have made money on the whole ordeal.

If the backers eat the defecit, then he comes out even.

Everyone is chasing link because thats who they are legally bound to. Craig is a creator on icp2, but i dont know what that means.

Regardless link is getting flak for the lack of information he should be providing, which is, _who is to blame_?

Back