iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

Well, if you're overly formalistic, then Link is the guy who actually had his name signed on the paper for the company that did arrange the kickstarter. Never mind that he had nothing to do with the practicalities...

...or, if you're pragmatic, then it is easier to go after a guy who actually shows himself from time to time, than to go after Craig who has gone completely to ground. Never mind it is easier if you're american to not have to go after someone in the UK.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with who actually deserves to be chased down. But if you put morals aside and put convenience first, well... 
In this scenario the only legal recourse most of us have is with Link. Link has recourse with Craig which he should be exercising. If he's not, he's a fool, but that's his own choice. Suggesting I'm putting convenience before morals is both baseless and pretty damn offensive. 

About the only time you pipe up around here is to encourage people to back off and do nothing, which has got us exactly where we stand today.

I've said it on the Kickstarter page and I'll say it again here. Link has far too much at stake and I'm not even talking about ithic. Before anyone deals with him in the future, they are going to Google him. They will find his name in relation to this project. Each time we say his name anywhere, there's a web crawler out there indexing it. He is going to try and distance himself from the project as much as possible in order to save his own hide. He will put this entirely on Craig and direct everyone to him. Any emails and snail mail attempts will go ignored. It's much cheaper to ignore then it is to take responsibility for his name on the LLC and go after Craig. Craig knows this, and it's not his first rodeo. For Craig and Link it's just another business venture. Look them up, there's been many others.

Frankly, this project as a Kickstarter should have never existed with Link's name on it. Craig should have waited until Kickstarter allowed UK projects and did it himself. He was in a bit of a crunch and needed the funds fast for whatever reason. He needed to have access to the US market in order to fund the project. It's one thing to be a US distributor for a project and another entirely different thing to put your name on all of the legal documents. The later bears responsibility which is going ignored.

Well, I can probably sell the parts fast if we just go cheap enough... at least something would move then.
ED, whom should I contact to state that instead of any refund, I'd rather donate the money to Pyra's development, or to Pandora remaining preorders, whichever you find it's best used?
Totally different companies, it can't work like that.

The only way would be to get a refund (or partly refund) and donate that.

In this scenario the only legal recourse most of us have is with Link. [...] Suggesting I'm putting convenience before morals is both baseless and pretty damn offensive.
I see the base for that comment right there. Putting legal convenience before desert.

Frankly, this project as a Kickstarter should have never existed with Link's name on it. Craig should have waited until Kickstarter allowed UK projects and did it himself. He was in a bit of a crunch and needed the funds fast for whatever reason. He needed to have access to the US market in order to fund the project. It's one thing to be a US distributor for a project and another entirely different thing to put your name on all of the legal documents. The later bears responsibility which is going ignored.
Once Link asked me if he should do the kickstarter or not. I replied "I wouldnt if I were you, but do as you please". I still regret the second part of this sentence now...

^ The other ironic part is if Craig waited a few months Kickstarter UK would been started and Link wouldn't have needed to be involved at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno what Craig is doing. Selling his house? Will he live in a caravan?
Probably buying a bigger house somewhere else and never publishing his address again, he is able to learn as can be seen on the ICP2 project.

Getting Link to put his name on the legal obligations this time was very cunning.

^ The other ironic part is if Craig waited a few months Kickstarter UK would been started and Link wouldn't have needed to be involved at all.
I think this clever bastard was glad to have this "reason".

I think Link once mentioned that that kickstarted was severely delayed, like for 4 month or more, so it was planned (if this word can be used at all when Craig is involved) to start a lot earlier.

Craig was working on his video I guess.

I kind of pity the Link... but then I think it was him who decided to partner Craig on this.

Wether he likes it or not, he is liable and he is very foolishly making the very same stupid mistakes of poor communication. Just like Craig.

Maybe due to kickstarter nature Link's company will get away and won't have any legal issues. But his reputation won't be that lucky, and I'm pretty sure many people won't trust him anymore.

Link, man, don't follow Craig's style of handling problems. Follow ED's and be open about what's going on. You owe the backers some honesty.

Link has regularly posted kickstarter updates.

As to the minutae of what might have happened behind the scenes? It serves no purpose to know this.

Also I think Link is keeping his options open in case he needs to take legal action against Craig.

In such a case, mouthing off on the internet woukd be a bad idea.

Can we just deal with the facts and not start a middle ages style witch hunt.

We all knew Craig was the master behind all this and the public face of kickstarter so this was always going to be a risky venture.

This project albeit now cancelled is still not as delayed as the Pandora was and still is for many pre orders.

Link has told us all he has to the rest could leave himself wide open for liable action - nowadays every comment on forums, twitter, facebook etc is deemed accountable.

All Link could do is keep spinning the same old info week in week out - why would anyone want that.

ED has a role in all this iro selling parts and we all trust him 1000% so that's it!

Link has regularly posted kickstarter updates.

As to the minutae of what might have happened behind the scenes? It serves no purpose to know this.

Also I think Link is keeping his options open in case he needs to take legal action against Craig.

In such a case, mouthing off on the internet woukd be a bad idea.

Can we just deal with the facts and not start a middle ages style witch hunt.
*regularly* really? Does a monthly update to say "we're waiting" is regularly for you?

If he wants to "keep his options open" for wathever reason. He should say so.

I'm sure we all want to stick to facts. The problem is the people involved is not giving many.

Again, in the communication department he's acting like Craig, and if that hurts him it's his fault, not ours.

"Monthly" seems like a textbook definition of "Regularly" to me.

What would you want him to say, apart from "We're waiting"? What facts do you expect him to share, whilst still being able to go after Craig legally?

Does a monthly update to say "we're waiting" is regularly for you?
Yes. "Regularly" is defined as "in a regular manor". So long as he keeps something akin to an update schedule, even if there's no further information, he's updating regularly.This is exactly NOT Craig, who would not even update to say that nothing was happening. We just got complacent that him not updating meant nothing was happening. I'll take Link's regular "nothing new to report, really" against Craig's total silence any day of the week.

Back