iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I really wonder why I supported and trusted Craig knowing his lack of respect for his customers.

I hope he stops being an entrepreneur and sticks to a normal job. Every one would be safer.

OK, let me be the one to break the news to everyone.....You're not getting your money back. End of story.

Please revoke any moderation or administrative rights from Craig to these forums if that has not already been done.
Craig never had any admin or mod powers. Ever. He said so, right about the time he gave me 9,999 warning points.

So glad I didn't back this. I remember thinking at the time - "CraigIX? Asking for money? Fuck that!"

Looks like I made the right choice...

D.

He can't screw me here, as I got the full payment needed for the PCB production upfront (otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to do the production at GC).
Well you're never getting that nub money, but I guess that's only a few hundred $ at the most :p Unless you were going to take that out of the GC money..
GC needed the nubs and had to source them.

As none were there from iCP yet, they sourced them from me (I'm their part distributor in that case), so that's no prob.

It's a bit more annoying that I run short of nubs for the remaining production now, and the MOQ is 1000. But yes, thank god they're not expensive :)

So, does anyone know if there's any chance whatsoever that the iCP2 team could release the drawings and software and maybe sell some prototype boards to interested parties? Fat chance, right?
Well, all the PCBs do exist, and they can indeed be populated by hand.

I don't think the customized BT chips can be given back, so maybe the iCP team decides to sell them to people who want to play around with.

I didn't see that coming, but after 1 year of seeing nothing, it's better to stop than continuing and burning money. I guess nobody can answer this, but i wonder if there was no backlighting, it would've been possible to get this product into mass production.

Oh and great decision ED to not populate 1000 (or was it 2000?) in the first run.

I somehow (don't burn me) feel sorry for Craig, because this could've been his way out of the pandora limbo; but well at least it's an end and not another never-ending story.

I'm guessing my $219 are slowly wending their way to the Atlantic down a mess of smelly tubes.

Wish I hadn't trusted Craig again. I honestly thought he'd have learned from the mistakes made on the P1.

Anyway, ED, if you need any help that I can provide on any Pandora replacement, you've got it.

I've kept quiet regarding this whole escapade, but as a backer I am now going to say... what a complete and utter f*cking shambles this entire process has been. I won't be holding my breath for a refund any time this millennium....

Time to invest in one of the other similar devices now available on the market methinks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've kept quiet regarding this whole escapade, but as a backer I am now going to say... what a complete and utter f*cking shambles this entire process has been. I won't be holding my breath for a refund any time this millennium....

Time to invest in one of the other similar devices now available on the market methinks...
Unfortunately, there still isn't one. Nothing with a keyboard, anyway.

---

I would like to know whose idea it was to post that update. I assume not Craig, because that post doesn't sound like him. Was Craig's plan to just remain silent forever?

Hindsight s 20/20. as they say. I can wish that I hadn't backed it right now but in an alternate universe where I didn't I'm wishing that I had because in that universe Craig managed to barely pull it off and deliver.

Don't dwell on what may have been, focus on the pitchforks and torches of tomorrow!

agh, shame it failed.  Really impressed by the desire to refund people... lots of projects just fail and say "sorry, it's all gone."

I was thinking about posting that I don't want a refund... but I think what I'll do is if I get any refund I'll put it into pandora donations.

EDIT: just checked and this is the first failed funded KS project I've backed out of 53.

agh, shame it failed.  Really impressed by the desire to refund people... lots of projects just fail and say "sorry, it's all gone."

I was thinking about posting that I don't want a refund... but I think what I'll do is if I get any refund I'll put it into pandora donations.

EDIT: just checked and this is the first failed funded KS project I've backed out of 53.
Dont hold your breath for refunds.

I am seriously miffed!

Now I need to find a small bluetooth keyboard AND get a moga... and all that hope for portability and efficiency is flushed down the toilet.

:angry:

If I'm somehow living in England, I will break every window of Craigix's house and then taking a fat pig from a nearby farm to take a dump in his mail shoot while dressing as a typical French farmer.

But, enough of that. Can anyone contact Craigix and ask him about what has happened, and would he hand the project to someone more capable than a half melted chocolate easter bunny.

It would be a massive shame to let all that effort down goes out a window.

I backed this project for no other reason than to support the team, and hopefully see a P2 one day. Sadly, that went out of the window shortly after this project was funded, so for the most part I felt "burned" early on, as Craig made it seem like a P2 was likely, and then after this was funded, the plan seemed to change almost immediately.

The more I read here, the less likely I think a refund will ever come. How truly sad that Craig seems to have just strung everyone along for such a long period, and wasted who knows how much of the KS funds on who knows what?

No matter how long the Pandora took, I always felt his heart was in the right place and felt bad for everyone due to how many uncontrollable hurdles happened along the way. Now I see that maybe Craig was the cancer there all along. 

Oh well, we live and learn. Life is a classroom if nothing else, and some lessons are harder to learn and accept than others.

Craig, if your still reading these forums, "Hey, I wish you well", and I mean that sincerely. It would be super easy to grab a pitch fork and torch with everyone else, but that's not going to get me anything in the long run.

The people I feel the most bad for, are Debs and Jacquelyn. They worked with Craig for years, and in recent times [SIZE=12.727272033691406px]weren't[/SIZE] even being paid for their efforts and work. I had a very good relationship with both women over the years, and wanted stuff like this to work out, just so they could be compensated for their hard and "thankless" work over the years.

Sadly, I have been trying to contact Jacquelyn several times over the last few months with "no contact". Maybe that should [SIZE=12.727272033691406px]have[/SIZE] been a warning sign, as I have never had that problem in the past. So maybe she gave up and jumped ship to, but who knows for sure(I hope you and your family are doing well).

I never really checked here often for progress reports, as that just seemed like a bad idea and would only serve to upset me. Now, I guess I'll take the same road in regards to the so called "refund" process. I assume none is coming, and if and when I get something, great. If nothing ever comes, I've wasted no more time and effort on this dead project.

Chris

I will NOT do any Kickstarter / preorder payments, etc. with a Pandora successor before I've got a complete working prototype (both PCB and case) in my hands and all orders setup, so that I simply need to tell "Go!" to make it happen. So much I can tell you.

Back