I wanna buy one but I got some Questions first

Benjamin

Still Fresh
I just got some questions.
1. whats a gp32 flu? hows it different from a gp32
2.really alls i want to do is play front mission on a portable system. So i need an snes emulator. Apperantly i will need to overclock my gp32. how do i do that? and how long will the batteries last about?
3. Do SMCs run off power memory?(i feel dumb asking this cuz i really should know)
4. I heard something about having to register my gp32 or something? will i even be able to run things things that say may be illigal or would i have to somehow verify that i own the original game for an emulator?
5. Should i buy a New gp32, or would i be safe buying a used one?
6. Are gp32s backlit? if not do they make versions of them that are backlit?

Guess thats it. im sure every1s heard all of these questions a million times but if u could thatd be awesome.

The gp32 flu stands for Front Lit Unit,This is exceedingly better than the normal version you can buy from:-
www.gbax.com
www.lik-sang.com

If you live in the uk go for gbax.com

If you want to see the difference between the gp32 and the FLU take alook at ythe gba sp (game boy advance special) It is similair lighting,Well the gp32 has a more powerfull light,You can also just stick a normal "worm light" on but it is no way near as powerfull.

Go for the flu!

2.really alls i want to do is play front mission on a portable system. So i need an snes emulator. Apperantly i will need to overclock my gp32. how do i do that? and how long will the batteries last about?

There are special emulators which have the speed to run the gp32 at, i havent run any snes stuff but i hear it is slow and you dont get any sound,If you just want it for one game there is little point.But if you only want it for that you mustn't now the capailities of the gp32.Please do a little research and youll be amazed to see what it can do.

3. Do SMCs run off power memory?(i feel dumb asking this cuz i really should know)

Sorry i do not understand your question.soz.
.The batteries last around 1 hour to 8 hours depending on the game abnd speed its hard to judge,your best bet is to go for the rehargable ones say by 4 so you can charge one and play with the other 2.

4. I heard something about having to register my gp32 or something? will i even be able to run things things that say may be illigal or would i have to somehow verify that i own the original game for an emulator?

Please take a look here
http://www.emuholic.com/gp32emu/faq/settingup.htm

it is very easy to set up and geyt the correct drivers for every os(Operating System) but the windows xp drivers can be downloaded elsewhere,im not sure if gamepark have created one.It is best to own the original game but you are allowed to have a "rom"for 24 hours then you must delete it, there are no restrictions unless you dont have the emulator,you camn play any game you want.

Its totally up to you,if you buy a first hand one you have s gurantee,but with second hand you get more for your money butcarry th risk of losing money.
If you want just to play snes games and not take full advantage of the feature(divx playback,mp3 player,commercial games,e-reader,slideshows and a whole lot more) then go for thee cheapest you can find.

This is as mentioned before,This is the FLU (Front Lit Unit if you can remember :p )
SImilair to the GBA SP ,Theese are worth it if you intend to use the whole system,If it is for christamas take a look at www.lik-sang.com ,There is a ASR kit which comes with a
-beautifull box
-official gp32 screen wipe
-Astonisha Story R game (korean but its a realy good RPG,which i dont norrmally like)
-ASR carry case
-gp32 flu/gp32 you can choose

If you look at the price of theese its actually really good as the game would normally cost around £25, The carry case £10-£20, the gp32 £90.00 the gp32 FLU £129 so its quite a good investment.

Please contact ,me if you need any further help, sorry its so long but when i started i got frustrated by people critizing everything or just yes or no answers. I am glad i got my gp32 asr Flu but now its gone to "Farther Christmas" Sorry just bein stupid.

The SMC thing, if you mean does it lose all memory off the smc when you turn the power off, the answer is no, everything is stored, just like a hard drive.

It is best to own the original game but you are allowed to have a "rom"for 24 hours then you must delete it, there are no restrictions unless you dont have the emulator,you camn play any game you want.
The 24 hours thing isn't true, all roms are illegal unless you own the original game. However, everyone has roms, and there aren't any restrictions on using them apart from that you'd be breaking the law :unsure:

Benjamin posted on Dec 2 2003 at 08:39 PM said:
I just got some questions.

Guess thats it. im sure every1s heard all of these questions a million times but if u could thatd be awesome.
1 & 6: There is a front-lit (same as back-lit, except the light is in the front of the LCD), and the one that is front lit is the GP32 FLU. Guess than answers 1 and 6...

2: Only some SNES games are playable on an emulator for gp32, and overclocking helps quite a bit, but still not enough to make unplayable games playable. All you need to do to overclock is download an overclocked version of the emulator, and it will automaticly overclock and then go back to normal once you turn off. Any speed over 133MhZ (the default un-overclocked emulator speed) could be dangerous, but after a test craigx did, everyone has been doing it w/o problems. Battrey life (with FLU and rechargable battries 2000mAh) is about 5 hours normal speed, 3 hours 133MhZ, 2 hours 156MhZ. Also, some GP32's can't do some speeds (every GP32 can do up to 133MhZ, most can do 156MhZ, and a few can do 166MhZ)

3: Um... Whats that mean? If I understand, no. The SMC could stay out of the GP32 for infinity time and not loose whats stored on it (if it is kept in normal conditions, not a blizzard or volcano ;) )

4: Registering your GP32 just gives you something called freelauncher which you need to run .fxe files (the emus/games...) NO restrictions. Since the registration site is down, craigx (the person who sells GP32's at www.gbax.com) will flash the euro FW to the GP32, so it can run the .fxe files w/o registering. There is no restriction on what roms you can use or anything (unless the emu author programmed it in, which no one has, so don't worry)

5: A new GP32 would be better as the A button gets damages over time... Using it for even 2-3 monts makes it stop clicking and a bit less responsive, so I'd get a new GP32 unless you don't care about the 2-3 monts you can have a good A button.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNESEmu (No Sound, No Saves)
98% speed on low-FPS games like RPGs
95% speed on Medium-FPS games like Megaman X
85% speed on High FPS games / Mode 7-rich

Snes9XGP (With Sound Disabled, Saves)
95% speed on low-FPS games like RPGs
90% speed on Medium-FPS games like Megaman X
60% speed on High FPS games / Mode 7-rich

Snes9XGP (With Sound, Saves)
92% speed on low-FPS games like RPGs
80% speed on Medium-FPS games like Megaman X
40% speed on High FPS games / Mode 7-rich

Note that some frameskip fiddling may be required for Snes9XGP. "Speed" just relates to how playable it actually is, including how fast the actual sound is for Snes9XGP.

allright. alls i really care about now is Front Mission. As long as that runs. id pay money for it. Ralp99, u know any other cool strategy games for old systems. Thanks every1 for answering my questions.

I think that snes emulation will ever be 100% with FS O with sound on games like mario kart, but I do think that we will get full speed snes emulation on most, if not all, games at FS 2-4. If yoyo's secret project turns out to be a snes emulator, then IMO, there is a great chance that this might happen.

Back