I Have Some Questions

DivX CAN actually have DVD quality... it needs about half the MBit as a DVD movie.
So if a DVD movie runs at 5-6 MBit, the DivX need 2.5 - 3.

As most movies take about 6 or 7 GigaByte on DVD, you'll need 3 - 4 GigaByte for a good DivX...

BUUUUT don't forget: If you encode a movie, which has already been encoded with a different encoder (e.g. MPEG2 (DVD) to DivX, the quality will be worse... so to get the same quality in DivX you won't only need half the size, you'll also need to encode the MASTER tapes... Good Luck ;))

So sorry, there will NEVER be DVD quality on the GP32 (well... the screen doesn't have the resolution anyway).

Haha, seeing ANY movie coded in DivX is a wake up call. Oh yes, trust me. Personally, I haven't seen many bad animations done in DivX but watching Matrix Reloaded on it....... ewwwwwwwwww.

Razor-X posted on Mar 28 2004 at 12:44 AM said:
Haha, seeing ANY movie coded in DivX is a wake up call. Oh yes, trust me. Personally, I haven't seen many bad animations done in DivX but watching Matrix Reloaded on it....... ewwwwwwwwww.

Animation uses alot of still images and solid colors, something like that is super easy to compress at a good compression ratio without loosing anything, and what does get lost isnt noticeable that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back