I Use My Gp2X In 2009 For ...

What is/are your primary use(s) of the GP2X for 2009?

• Development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pictures / Comics / eBooks

• Emulators

• Other / Misc

• Total voters

bomberman

I was wondering what was still going on with everyone and their use of the GP2X. I mainly set up for emulators and have just about every one of them working with all the "Top 100" lists of games. Then I sometimes let my kids (yes some of us are old) watch movies. Mostly I just mess around and make stuff work on it. So far I only have 153 of the gngeo games working and now I quit and moved on to neocd2x. Should have gotten a torrent. Oh well. This never gets boring.

Although I voted "Yes", I really can't know... it all depends on if it is still working properly by that time! :p

Please don't die on me GP2X! :(

I'll probably keep using my GP2X for a while yet.

-Wiz isnt a big enough upgrade to make me want one right now.
-Pandora is a bit too expensive.

Hopefully by the time my ole' 2X dies, there will be a few more options that are the right price + performance.

I'm still using my GP2X even though I can't stand the AA batteries. I play a few free games (ruckage's mostly, I think) and some emulators from time to time. I installed gpsp just a few days ago and I'm discovering lots of interesting games I missed until now.

I have a Pandora in pre-order but I got fed up waiting and ordered a Wiz. The Wiz is out of stock so I'm waiting on that too.

i mainly use gp2x as audio and movie player in my English classes (have used pykaroake program as well on it!); i hope not to use it in 2010 since i should have the Pandora by then!
sad to say in the past month or so recently it has been lying dormant since my main classes don't really restart till september and also because i have a ipod touch as well - which is getting a lot of use!
still got a fair but if use out of it and will probably give it to my cousin when i have the pandora.

coldfis said:
I'll probably keep using my GP2X for a while yet.

-Wiz isnt a big enough upgrade to make me want one right now.
-Pandora is a bit too expensive.

Hopefully by the time my ole' 2X dies, there will be a few more options that are the right price + performance.
Snap! I'm exactly the same.
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i use mine for gpsp and mame at the moment....I've finished all I can on snes, nes and pc-engine, I've been trying to get some dosbox games to run correctly, but the config files are screwy for them....

Other than that I love watching cartoons on it like looney toons, or an episode of family guy or southpark is great on it.

Also love zdoom....i can play hours and hours on the theme pwads like the wild-west one, or zombie, aliens....oh such great stuff on a handheld....beautiful...oh i wanna go play now......but i cant because I am at WORK, and I promised myself I'd never bring it to work, because I would get NOTHING ELSE DONE.....lol.

Haven't really gotten into e-books....haven't really found anything worth reading that I would sit back and break out the gp2x for....I mean I'd rather play a game more than read something.......Plus what do u guys use for reading e-books?

DSR

I usually do take mine to work, but that's because often I find myself with 10-15 minute stretches of time where I have to wait for something to finish to move forward. If I am lucky, I get anywhere between 30 minutes and 2-3 hours a day of play time!. The boss doesn't mind, he knows how easy it is to want to go to sleep doing what I do (it's pretty dull sometimes), so we all have our different distractions; books, Pocket PC, etc, when we get stuck doing it :)

At home, I am working on perfecting it as a home entertainment center. I have the cradle, controllers, an external hard drive, etc. I am working on ripping our DVD collection so we can just watch them off the GP2X/TV and leave the discs alone. I figure when the buttons on the unit start to go south, it'll become a permanent home system.

Personally, this is the greatest toy ever. As someone who was 6 when the first NES came out, this is like the greatest system in the world. I use it mainly for emulators, but I have a few favorite homebrew games (Sleuth Slots rules!) also.

WOW, so many uses for the little ole' thing. I hope mine lasts for a few more years (just had to solder a speaker wire, mono sounds kind of bland).

CJ Maynard said:
At home, I am working on perfecting it as a home entertainment center. I have the cradle, controllers, an external hard drive, etc. I am working on ripping our DVD collection so we can just watch them off the GP2X/TV and leave the discs alone. I figure when the buttons on the unit start to go south, it'll become a permanent home system.
I have plugged in a generic USB Media Center Remote and got some of the buttons to work, enough to control the main menu remotely (no support in games of course). That may work for you to lay off the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably end up using it mostly for development.
And I want to finally beat Final Fantasy V but I keep playing it for a little while and loving it, then forgetting all about it.
Some homewbrew games if I can find the time. And maybe some ScummVM.

I don't have the money to buy a new console at the moment so I'll probaly be using it in 2010 as well.

Back