Gp2x Or Ipod For Video Playback?

SCTW

Still Fresh
Hi,

I currently have an iPod which I mostly use for watching movies and tv shows. If I get a gp2x, am I better of watching movies/shows on that?

Is it better on a gp2x since the display is better? Is video playback smooth? I assume one good thing is not having to do the video conversions, am I correct?

Thanks in advance

I have both, I only use my 2x for videos though, heres the main reasons why
#1 The 2x has a bigger screen
#2 I don't like the massive drain watching videos has on my iPods battery
#3 My iPod's screen is VERY scratched :lol:

no contest for me, it's all about screen size.

i've watched a few 2hour+ films on my 2x but i would not want to go any smaller.

The GP2X as a media player (music/video/pictures) supports a lot more formats than the Ipod too (well last time I checked anyway).

The larger (physically too, not just resolution) the screen, the more enjoyable video content is. While I don't watch a lot of video on my 2X, what with all the great games on it, I can say that a properly encoded video via PcketDivX always plays spot on. <3

i love my '2x and all, but if i had planned on watching a lot of video, i wouldn't have gone for a system with flash memory as the primary storage. external hard drives will work but not very mobile and may require a power supply.

unfortunately, as nice as the ipod (are we talking 5.5 gen?) screen is, the gp2x screen is a bit larger. but the ipod is smaller and has longer battery life (although i'm not sure how it is with videos).

if you really want something to watch portable movies on, i think you should check out something like the zen vision w or the iriver clix. although the clix is flash as well, so who knows.

you should get the gp2x before alex's tower defense game comes out :D

Back