I Think I've Went Insane.

Perfect Dark at 60fps, are you sure that aint DoomIII?, looks like DoomIII too me.

yeah, way to go ID :p make a game with cutting edge gfx then turn the lights off :huh:

(naw)mcx said:
When you find it, you'll know.
One of the... requirements?... of insanity is that you do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:
*turns on "Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane" and starts reading the thread from the beginning*

Yes they're sharing a drink called insanity,
but it's better than drinking alone.

:lol:

hobbyman II said:
Perfect Dark at 60fps, are you sure that aint DoomIII?, looks like DoomIII too me.

yeah, way to go ID :p make a game with cutting edge gfx then turn the lights off :huh:

Haha yeah it was annoying in some parts of the game but it made such an atmosphere, quality game!

I think I'd rather have awesome graphics with the lights off than awesome graphics with a giant fluorescent light in my face all the time.

"Shadow" of the Colossus, indeed. :-||

WizardStan said:
(naw)mcx said:
When you find it, you'll know.
One of the... requirements?... of insanity is that you do not know.

That's not a requirement. If you tell an insane person that they are insane and they believe you, they're still insane, but they know they are insane. Someone can't become sane just by recognizing that they are insane.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
That's not a requirement. If you tell an insane person that they are insane and they believe you, they're still insane, but they know they are insane. Someone can't become sane just by recognizing that they are insane.
So if I told you that you were insane because you wrote that^ post (implying that the post's contents therefore are false), would you believe me? What does either answer say about you? Would you be insane and sane at the same time? Or just plain insane, from a 3[sup]rd[/sup] persons POV? Am I insane if the answers to the previous question is yes? Are you insane if you say that the answer to question 2 is yes? What is the definition of insanity anyways? Are we all insane if the real, unbiased answer to all of the previous questions is "horse"?

We may never know.

(Oh god, I'm surrounded by horses, what should I do)

BTW, is there a chance that someone could send me one of those Pandora Slims? I'd really like to have one.

gaiz :(

Image000-1.jpg

Poem58 said:
Reading this thread is great, also feeling like I'm getting a bit "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" myself.
I also really want to play Yoshi's Island on the Pandora :p

(for some weird reason; it doesn't look like a good game but I've never actually played it myself so we'll see.)

(And yes, I will buy me the rights to own the game before getting a ROM for the Pandora)

(BTW, me who's never even played the game got that reference, so if you didn't it's just sad)

(Parentheses are fun)

dflemstr said:
God Ginrai said:
So if I told you that you were insane because you wrote that^ post (implying that the post's contents therefore are false), would you believe me? What does either answer say about you? Would you be insane and sane at the same time? Or just plain insane, from a 3[sup]rd[/sup] persons POV? Am I insane if the answers to the previous question is yes? Are you insane if you say that the answer to question 2 is yes? What is the definition of insanity anyways? Are we all insane if the real, unbiased answer to all of the previous questions is "horse"?

We may never know.

BTW, is there a chance that someone could send me one of those Pandora Slims? I'd really like to have one.
You forget that an insane person can have sane moments. Just like an alzheimer's sufferer has moments of lucidity. That's what makes it so even more painful for them. But they still are ill.

Here is a good fable (paraphrased):
There was a great king/ruler of a city, who was benevolent and all his towns people loved him. He would walk freely in his people's presence without fear, in the town away from his castle.
But one day something contaminated his towns well, and drove the city people all mad. He having his own well, was not affected.
He tried to visit his people, but they could not understand how he had changed to such a wicked person, and was not like them anymore.
In their eyes, they were all the same as usual, but he had changed some how. He had become insane in their eyes.
On one fateful day, trying to visit the city people, he drank from the well, and was also changed to their state.
And the city people rejoiced at how their beloved King had been cured of his insanity, and had come back to them.

And that is social relativity.

Edit: I have no idea if there is an actual term "social relativity", I just mean, the above fable sounds like such a thing.

Code:
(if (and
        (like? 'parentheses you)
        (not (know? 'lisp you))
        )
    (cons 'lisp (languages-known-by you))
    )

dflemstr said:
Please don't make a Lisp vs C flamewar out of this.

Why would we do that when we could have a Vim vs Emacs flamewar instead? ;P

BackAssward said:
dflemstr said:
God Ginrai said:

We may never know.

You forget that an insane person can have sane moments. Just like an alzheimer's sufferer has moments of lucidity. That's what makes it so even more painful for them. But they still are ill.

Here is a good fable (paraphrased):
There was a great king/ruler of a city, who was benevolent and all his towns people loved him. He would walk freely in his people's presence without fear, in the town away from his castle.
But one day something contaminated his towns well, and drove the city people all mad. He having his own well, was not affected.
He tried to visit his people, but they could not understand how he had changed to such a wicked person, and was not like them anymore.
In their eyes, they were all the same as usual, but he had changed some how. He had become insane in their eyes.
On one fateful day, trying to visit the city people, he drank from the well, and was also changed to their state.
And the city people rejoiced at how their beloved King had been cured of his insanity, and had come back to them.

And that is social relativity.

Edit: I have no idea if there is an actual term "social relativity", I just mean, the above fable sounds like such a thing.

That is really cool. Do you have a link to the original story from which it was paraphrased?

-God Ginrai

Back