I Propose...

Jourdy: Correlation does not equal causation. Just because the sun comes up when the rooster crows doesn't mean the rooster crowing brings up the sun.
If you know stoners that are stupid, they started out that way, or at least had a propensity for laziness, because there hasn't been one single scientific study that showed that there were any negative effects to the chemicals in pure marijuana despite the number of sources that have tried. The evidence that's often used to demonstrate the ill effects of marijuana apply equally to video games, excessive television, and the internet. In light of the amount of evidence, you can't really be of the opinion that marijuana is harmful anymore than you can be of the opinion that the sky is green. I mean, I guess you can say the sky is green, and continue to believe it by not looking up, or put on a pair of green tinted sun glasses, but making yourself believe something doesn't necessarily make it true.
Cocaine or crack (and other hard core drugs), on the other hand, have reams of studies that not only show how they effect you, but ongoing studies that hint at long term effects.

Everyone seems to know stoners that are stupid, but that's because the intelligent stoners tend not to do things that advertise their drug usage. They go to their jobs, they go out on weekends, they hang out with friends, they are entirely normal in every way, except when their friends go home to play video games or watch TV, they go home to smoke a joint, eat twinkies, and giggle at the paintings on the wall for an hour before going to bed. Then they get up the next morning, and their life proceeds exactly the same as the day before. Over the coming decade you will meet these people. In the same way that you will hang out with otherwise intelligent coworkers that smoke or drink, don't be surprised if you find out that another coworker enjoys to smoke up once in a while.

Finally, defending a behaviour doesn't mean they partake in that behaviour. You don't need to do something to be offended when someone spreads untruths about it. Remember, DCG can be an ass, and whether he uses drugs or not has nothing to do with that.

Actually, before this thread I didn't know Astley was put down. Apparently he's back on YT, at least it works for me.

edit:
@THC
A quick search linked to a German study with pubescent rats, who had to be medicated with Haloperidol to reduce the damage THC had done to their brain.

WizardStan said:
Jourdy: Correlation does not equal causation. Just because the sun comes up when the rooster crows doesn't mean the rooster crowing brings up the sun.
If you know stoners that are stupid, they started out that way, or at least had a propensity for laziness, because there hasn't been one single scientific study that showed that there were any negative effects to the chemicals in pure marijuana despite the number of sources that have tried. The evidence that's often used to demonstrate the ill effects of marijuana apply equally to video games, excessive television, and the internet. In light of the amount of evidence, you can't really be of the opinion that marijuana is harmful anymore than you can be of the opinion that the sky is green. I mean, I guess you can say the sky is green, and continue to believe it by not looking up, or put on a pair of green tinted sun glasses, but making yourself believe something doesn't necessarily make it true.
Cocaine or crack (and other hard core drugs), on the other hand, have reams of studies that not only show how they effect you, but ongoing studies that hint at long term effects.

Everyone seems to know stoners that are stupid, but that's because the intelligent stoners tend not to do things that advertise their drug usage. They go to their jobs, they go out on weekends, they hang out with friends, they are entirely normal in every way, except when their friends go home to play video games or watch TV, they go home to smoke a joint, eat twinkies, and giggle at the paintings on the wall for an hour before going to bed. Then they get up the next morning, and their life proceeds exactly the same as the day before. Over the coming decade you will meet these people. In the same way that you will hang out with otherwise intelligent coworkers that smoke or drink, don't be surprised if you find out that another coworker enjoys to smoke up once in a while.

Finally, defending a behaviour doesn't mean they partake in that behaviour. You don't need to do something to be offended when someone spreads untruths about it. Remember, DCG can be an ass, and whether he uses drugs or not has nothing to do with that.
That post is way too long for such a stupid thread. But yeah, I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
lolz stoners r soooooo dum i met 1 1ce at my sk00l he was all liek "hay waz gud" and i wuz liek "lol stoner smoke weed kill brain!" cuz i dare to stay away from drugs

yeah that singing spanish guy is definitely funny. But i guess since the original is back up, this thread is worthless (like OP!). Motion for closure? or we can keep it open for more lulz, i'm fine with that idea, too.

wizardstan is right, i'm mostly an ass.

as for the rat study, most that are similar to that one have proven to be poorly researched and mostly inconclusive. I've read about MJ (and booze) effects on developing brains (highschoolers and younger) and there is a possibility that there can be damage, but that just holds true for any cognitive/neural modifier that is used/abused while the brain is still growing. Basically, MJ is no big deal. Compare with other things such as alcohol, ciggys, over-eating, adderall, etc etc. Besides, everything is "bad" for you when not done in moderation.

Quote: my avatar is more of an inside joke, cos we used to joke that Rico is the "guy from American beauty".

daclassicgamingmaster said:
as for the rat study, most that are similar to that one have proven to be poorly researched and mostly inconclusive. I've read about MJ (and booze) effects on developing brains (highschoolers and younger) and there is a possibility that there can be damage, but that just holds true for any cognitive/neural modifier that is used/abused while the brain is still growing. Basically, MJ is no big deal. Compare with other things such as alcohol, ciggys, over-eating, adderall, etc etc. Besides, everything is "bad" for you when not done in moderation.
Well said. I think, I still got some buds of that awesome homegrow in the attic, will have to check if it's still intact...

quote said:
Quote: my avatar is more of an inside joke..
... :(
yeah, but you're technically in on it now!

edit: well a little....you still dont know the background info

RICOOOOOO.

Nova said:
quote said:
Quote: my avatar is more of an inside joke..
... :(
yeah, but you're technically in on it now!

edit: well a little....you still dont know the background info

RICOOOOOO.
AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF_imagelarge.jpg

Jourdy288 said:
This is painful if you know Nightwish.
She's still better than Anette Olzon. :rolleyes:

I don't think Annete's bad, she just isn't cut out for singing Tarja's songs.
And I don't want to start a Tarja vs. Annete flamewar here...

Back