I Need Help With Uae4allgp2x

meancode

Still Fresh
Hi,

It seems I have the emu working. I can load roms. I need help with the controls. Unless I am blind (quite possible) I did not see any mention in the readme.

How do I load Disk 2 when it asks?

R brings up a keyboard, I assume B is used to press the key?

Start switches between Joystick, Mouse, and What? What does this change when I toggle these, and what are the controls.

I simply cannot do a thing with any game I try. So yea. I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Ken

Hello meancode,

To change disk in Uae4all, simply push "select", it wil bring you back to the Uae4all menu.
Then change the disk image to your second adf, push "Run", then (usually) push one of the mouse button or space.

Start swap between mouse ( mouse buttons are the L and R shoulder buttons), joystick and keyboard (navigate thru the virtual keyboard then press the needed key.

Some game doesn't need keyboard, so you just hav to switch to joystick when you play.
Some are played thru mouse, some need many keys out of the virtual keyboard.

Hope this help.

meancode posted on May 3 2006 at 07:33 AM said:
Hi,

It seems I have the emu working. I can load roms. I need help with the controls. Unless I am blind (quite possible) I did not see any mention in the readme.

How do I load Disk 2 when it asks?

R brings up a keyboard, I assume B is used to press the key?

Start switches between Joystick, Mouse, and What? What does this change when I toggle these, and what are the controls.

I simply cannot do a thing with any game I try. So yea. I'm stuck.

Thanks,

Ken

I had a few teething problems with this excellent emulator and would just add to virusx's post that some games simply don't work. There's a compatibility list here: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/UAE4all#Game_Compatibility

I tried for ages to get Stardust to work, thinking that I needed to change disks, only to discover that Stardust can't be emulated.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, now I am getting somewhere. Thanks all. Next question.

What does "Eject the disk in df1" mean?

I will try some of my games later today. It seems they are ones that work using this emu.

First success! I got Marble Madness to run. Now to get Gods to run! Wooo hooo!

Ken

Your welcome.

"Eject the disk in df1" mean that you virtually eject the disk in the second virtual disk drive. (Df1; Df0 is the first one)

Many games are working with this emu.
Have a look at the link provided by Skaboy !

Games using the keyboard a lot are a bit hard to play, even if I do like this virtual keyboard very much.

meancode posted on May 3 2006 at 01:34 PM said:
Alright at now I am getting somewhere. Thanks all. Next question.

What does "Eject the disk in df1" mean?

I will try some of my games later today. It seems they are ones that work using this emu.

Ken

Literally, just that: eject the disk.

You're working with emulated floppy disks, which Amiga games used to come on. Imagine you have a game which is spread over 3 disks, because of its size. On the Amiga, there were two floppy drives: df0 and df1. You'd put disk 1 in df0 and disk 2 in df1. The Amiga would load the disks in turn and if it required further disks, it would ask for them. You'd have to swap the disk in df1. So, the "Eject the disk in df1" is for swapping (emulated / imaginary) disks on the "virtual" Amiga.

Make sense?

Edit: great minds think alike. And so do mine and virusx's it would seem.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so if I need to load disk 3, I load that in df1? And if it has disk 4, I load that in df1 too? Thanks.

I got Gods working. Very cool. I haven't played an Amiga game in over 20 years. I think I'm gonna cry :p

@meancode : you could even insert disk 3 in Df0 and disk 4 in Df1, for exemple.
Depending on the game, some need to have the disk 1 always inserted as it's often accessed, some not.
I also was crying when I had my first shot of this amiga on the road.
But I managed to buy a A500 and a A600 with Hd few years ago, just for fun. Joy !

@Skaboy: you mean like astral geminis ? ;)

Back