I May Have Done The Gp2x An Injustice ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Whats wrong with the headphone jack on top of the unit?

My iPod mini's is on top, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

I listen to my 2X all the time when its in its case, The OFFICIAL case no less. I seriously don't get why so many people hate the headphone jack. Just buy a pair of headphones that have an elbow-jack instead of a straight one. Problem solved, quit bitching.

I sell the GP2x as an affiliate and everyone who gets one off me I set them up with GPmenu and emulators and give them a tutorial. does help that most of my sales are to geeks!!

gareth

3)People can do the second option & then download the extras package for the program. The extras package will automatically install & set up a frontend for the program (if there is one), create a gmenu2x short cut, icon & any extra parameters (if it's installed), change the config files of the programs & basically give the user a completely set up, easy to use & hassle free system (just add roms ;)).

The last option will give the user less freedom than the other two options, but it will also stop new users with no interest in tweaking etc. from populating the forums with the same old questions. Those users that prefer to use the 2X just for gaming & media (rather than the real fun stuff ;)) will probably love this option.

This is pretty much my dream for my '2x :p. Not cos I'm a noob (I do enjoy poking around etc) but I'd love a simpe package management system that would install everything for me, more or less because I'm lazy. It'd also be nice to have a feature that would automatically update apps etc.

Oh, and I don't use gmenu2x simply because I can't be bothered writing the link files :p a prog that did it for me would please me a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say kudos to you Telco... if you're "not too good with computer stuff" then steer way clear of the GP2X; the Linux alone would cause fits and you would be pestered every 30 seconds for support and get to hear stuff like "Well YOU said it was cool, why won't it run PS2 games?".

I'm a huge supporter of the GP2X but I choose not to preach the gospel to those who will not get it... saves time and blood pressure medication.

Well, I've learned that there are a few (not too many, mind - This is a veri sivilized Intarnet Plejs, at least as long as you don't go inte the slipstream :-> ) people around here who for one reason or another have a corncob up their behinds. Perhaps we should make a welcome message to prepare newbies?

"Welcome to the boards. A few hints: Please disregard Epicenter in any discussion of Craigix. Please disregard DaveC whenever he says 'that isn't possible on the GP2x'. Please disregard JaqMs." :)

Well, I've learned that there are a few (not too many, mind - This is a veri sivilized Intarnet Plejs, at least as long as you don't go inte the slipstream :-> ) people around here who for one reason or another have a corncob up their behinds. Perhaps we should make a welcome message to prepare newbies?

"Welcome to the boards. A few hints: Please disregard Epicenter in any discussion of Craigix. Please disregard DaveC whenever he says 'that isn't possible on the GP2x'. Please disregard JaqMs." :)

Disregard that disregard to disregard

You should put DCGM on that list: "Please Disregard DCGM if he insults your mother or calls you a ****** *** ***** **** "

That sounds like an amazing idea. I would definetely use that, as I am very lazy with extracting, setting everything up, ect.
What? So basically this will set up apps for a user automatically? Don't think I'd like that, but sounds very useful for newbies. :)
This is pretty much my dream for my '2x :p. Not cos I'm a noob (I do enjoy poking around etc) but I'd love a simpe package management system that would install everything for me, more or less because I'm lazy. It'd also be nice to have a feature that would automatically update apps etc.

Oh, and I don't use gmenu2x simply because I can't be bothered writing the link files :p a prog that did it for me would please me a lot.
Cheers for the feedback guys.
I've gone ahead & added a page to the standards site here for anyone that's interested in the idea.
Should be very easy to set up once Orkie finishes the package manager (not an easy thing to do in it's self though :().
I guess we'll just have to wait & see if it becomes useful or not :)

You should put DCGM on that list: "Please Disregard DCGM if he insults your mother or calls you a ****** *** ***** **** "

You have just dug your own grave! The horror!

Dude, the latest version can scan your SD and create links automatically for everything. Then just weed them out, and for new additions all you have to do is point to the .gpe and it does all the work for you :)

some of you have had this dilemma before. a guy at work saw my gp2x during lunch. he then asked me something along the lnes of "you know the games on a pc, how do you get them to work?"

"what do you mean?"

"well, my friend just clicks something on his pc and he gets all the games"

:unsure: "im not sure what games you mean, but hes probably bought some, or downloaded them"

"well, if i get one of those things (gp2x) can you set it up for me?"

<_< (mumbles something so as not to sound as if ive agreed to anything)

sheesh, i mean im pretty clueless about a lot of computer related stuff, but even i know 'the games' on a pc arent just built in! and yes, i did ask him if he meant solitaire or minesweeper!

still, this is balanced by the fact that another guy at work who does know stuff is interested, AND also just by showing a screenshot of black tiger on an arcade forum one of the guys there bought one (gp2x) :)

@ danny_galaga

You could always ask the guy who does know his stuff to team up with the Dumb arse :rolleyes: and show him the ropes. You could feel good in the knowledge that you have helped the guy out, And safe in the knowledge that you have relieved youself of the burden of a Dumb arse. :D

It`s a win win situation.

Trooper

danny_galaga posted on Feb 12 2007 at 12:31 PM said:
some of you have had this dilemma before. a guy at work saw my gp2x during lunch. he then asked me something along the lnes of "you know the games on a pc, how do you get them to work?"

"what do you mean?"

"well, my friend just clicks something on his pc and he gets all the games"

:unsure: "im not sure what games you mean, but hes probably bought some, or downloaded them"

"well, if i get one of those things (gp2x) can you set it up for me?"

<_< (mumbles something so as not to sound as if ive agreed to anything)

sheesh, i mean im pretty clueless about a lot of computer related stuff, but even i know 'the games' on a pc arent just built in! and yes, i did ask him if he meant solitaire or minesweeper!

still, this is balanced by the fact that another guy at work who does know stuff is interested, AND also just by showing a screenshot of black tiger on an arcade forum one of the guys there bought one (gp2x) :)

Repeating yourself... http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35421&hl=

trooper posted on Feb 12 2007 at 04:15 PM said:
@ danny_galaga

You could always ask the guy who does know his stuff to team up with the Dumb arse :rolleyes: and show him the ropes. You could feel good in the knowledge that you have helped the guy out, And safe in the knowledge that you have relieved youself of the burden of a Dumb arse. :D

Trooper
Trooper, I love how you captialize "Dumb" :lol:

trooper posted on Feb 13 2007 at 07:15 AM said:
@ danny_galaga

Trooper

damn straight! great idea. ill introduce them to each other tomorrow (",)

"Please diragard Epicenter in any discussion of Craigix"? What does that mean? I'm confused now... :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back