I HAVE A PANDORA!!!! ITS SURREAL - Now whats the coolest thing I can do with it???

stuart

I got VERY excited about the Pandora back in 2010 - then again in 2011 when I thought I was getting one, then not so much in 2012, in fact I'd lost a lot of enthusiasm and posted here asking opinions on weather it was still worth having.

Well FINALLY thanks to the donations to the preorder fund (thanks guys) I have a Pandora. I'm like a kid at christmas. Seriously, the only new gadgets I've got in the last few years have been iPhone / iOS toys - and thats not like having a new gadget, just a lighter faster version of the one you already had. This REALLY takes me back to when computers were fun, I don't know what it is about the Pandora - it reminds me of retro gadgets while being a pretty capable computer.... and I've already loaded scummvm with all my fave adventure games.

FINALLY I can stop talking on these forums about not having one and what happened and start talking about the machine itself!

Anyway - I'll calm down - Any tips on cool stuff I can do welcome.

Is the shipped OS the best one to have or is there an upgrade - I have noticed some glitches but nothing show stopping.

Woooooooo! I'm going to be worse than when I got an iPhone for the first time, but at least I wont look like everyone else also swiping at their iPhones - and the battery will last longer.

At this point I can type a LOT faster on my iPhone than I can on the pandora - I think I'll get used to it though. Can you use a real mouse?

^Some people say it does, but I have no experience with them.

Forgot I had my IControlPad (Bluetooth controller) with me.. it does seem to work quite well in mouse mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use a real mouse?
You can, I use a Logitech V450 wireless mouse via a mini USB hub.

Something similar to this:

USB Hub.jpg

You got a pandora from the donator's fund and your money back from Craig via Google Wallet?
You got a pandora from the donator's fund and your money back from Craig via Google Wallet?
Not got the money cleared from Google yet but when I do its being donated back into the fund.

This just meant I could afford to get one now without having to wait for any money from a refund to clear. I know the timing looks suspect :)

Ok - the CPU speed thing - in settings the CPU is set to 600, and the slider goes to 800... I thought it was a 1ghz machine - also - is it safe to put the slider up to 800?

Ok - the CPU speed thing - in settings the CPU is set to 600, and the slider goes to 800... I thought it was a 1ghz machine - also - is it safe to put the slider up to 800?
If it's a 1GHz pandora, you can change the settings to set maximum CPU clock to 1+ GHz, and set default clock speed to 1 GHz.

You can check if it's a 1ghz or not by the system clock speed..

cat /proc/pandora/sys_mhz_max

If you run the above command in a terminal window. If it returns 400 it's a 1Ghz if it's ~332 then it's a rebirth.

a rebirth unit should clock to 900-1Ghz fine if you set the OPP mode to 5.

Back