I Got Gpsp (gba) Running With Sound!

Great news! Ever since I read those first posts by Franxis about finding that emulator and wondering if it could be ported to the GP2X with decent success I have been waiting to see a news post just like yours with news of how it's going. It sounds too good to be true, but I highly doubt you are lying to us since you are truly one of the gp2x gurus!!!

Great news ZodTTD, maybe porting PSP Emu's might be the answer to get
other working emu's like there CPS2 emu. B)

So that I can play vulkanon and Herg's Solitaire :blink: no matter the SD card is on the GP2X or DS :D

Good work!

How does that saying go??

HOLY MOLY BATMAN!! (ROBIN)

YABBA DABBBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! (FRED FLINTSTONE)

MMMMM.....GBA ON GP2X............MMMMMMMMMMM (Homer Drooling)

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL A GOOD TIME! (DICE)

OH BTW- I second the idea of a monument for zodttd.

DSR

Hi :)

Glad to hear the overwhelming support!
I have what could be seen as a good first release of GP2X's gpSP. I noticed Exophase hasn't been around anywhere for a few days, and I doubt he'll mind this release, so I'll wait for him a few more hours.

In the meantime, I added the following:
- Better/correct keymapping.
- Menu/Frameskip options.
- The 240x160 GBA screen is now centered. I have a feeling it will scale well, but I'll add support for scaling later as it's not a concern of mine at this moment.
- Overclocking is set at start.
- I *think* you can specify a filename as a command line option and it will run it.
- Some speed increases due to compiler options.

With the above update, I can play about 1/4th the games I had available nice and fast. Some games seem a much bigger drain on performance than others. The issue some may have is a lot of top tier titles seem to be too slow to play. I could always remove sound for this release, but I'm looking for better options. Either way Mario & Luigi is still fun...

It's amazing to see so many games run so well with an interpreter and sound being processed. Though sound can be annoying as it usually isn't timed right somehow or being processed fast enough.

There's still work to be done with the emu, and if your favorite game doesn't run well with the first release, play some different ones while the second is being worked on. Everyone likes Chu Chu Rocket! :)

Exophase did an amazing job on this emulat or!

I've bought Meteos and Mario Kart and haven't touched the gp2x since. This for sure will make me play the gp2x again :D

Thanks A LOT zodttd, fantastic work :)

I have what could be seen as a good first release of GP2X's gpSP. I noticed Exophase hasn't been around anywhere for a few days, and I doubt he'll mind this release, so I'll wait for him a few more hours.

Thats what everyone was waiting for. Key words: "First release" and "few hours".

And to think that I was worried that the emulator scene on the gp2x was starting to slow down. HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG! I'm home sick as hell, and can't go to work. YOU, sir, Have made me thankful that i caught a stomach flu! Now, i can one of the first to play this godlike Alphaaaaaaa!
WHOO HOOO!

Back