I got an internship at Facebook!

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! I know very little about theater and the performing arts. I like the bit of insight you provided.

i know people are going to give you grief for working for Zuckerberg (i personally do not have a FB account and i trust that company about as far as i can throw them), but face it, it's a good learning opportunity and a high paycheck. (also a great city to live in...) - if you do a fantastic job at your internship now, you will have a LOT of doors opening for you, professionally. you did well for yourself, congratzorz. let me know when you get to town and i can act as tourguide.

I hope Suckerberg doesn't somehow see this or else your 8k internship will be out of the window ;)

Anywho, good luck! Glad I don't have a facebook account! :)

I hope Suckerberg doesn't somehow see this or else your 8k internship will be out of the window ;)

Anywho, good luck! Glad I don't have a facebook account! :)
Actually they give that same offer to all interns. Instead of trying to decide what you're worth, they have a blanket take-it-or-leave-it offer.

Hey good luck EssoAir, sounds like a great opportunity, can't really understand the hate for FB, targeted advertising and social networking are hardly the biggest evils faced by this world. See if they can get an extra button that instead of 'like' says something along the lines of 'you know what , I couldn't give a flying fuck'.

Have fun in Seattle :)

Hey good luck EssoAir, sounds like a great opportunity, can't really understand the hate for FB, targeted advertising and social networking are hardly the biggest evils faced by this world. See if they can get an extra button that instead of 'like' says something along the lines of 'you know what , I couldn't give a flying fuck'.

Have fun in Seattle :)

It's funny that you mention that idea specifically. When I was applying, I asked what kinds of projects I might get to work on. Frontend is one of the few teams where end user facing code can and usually is written by interns in addition to the fulltimers. The example project that someone on my team did a few summers ago was called reactions and it's launching soon. http://mashable.com/2016/01/27/facebook-reactions-rollout/#bOAMDCEbz8qU

It would be funny to work on Reactions 2.0: the apathy update

My reputation??

yes, your reputation. Personally I'd want nothing to do with anyone who works at Facebook.
[doublepost=1455952020,1455951926][/doublepost]
Like it or hate it, he will surely learn a lot.

Learning from Facebook is like learning from Microsoft: you learn from the worst kind of people, who have no ethics whatsoever. Zuckerberg and Gates are good examples of the actual "values" they represent.

Congrats. Hope you learn a lot there.
At least we know facebook will look okay on the Pyra ;-)

I wonder what other people get paid that are not interns. Guess people have more expenses there also (study is expensive).

Last edited:
Congrats. Hope you learn a lot there.
At least we know facebook will look okay on the Pyra ;-)

I wonder what other people get paid that are not interns. Guess people have more expenses there also (study is expensive).

Average total compensation is $175,000/year but that includes some outdated numbers. As I understand it, most new graduates get just above $200,000/year when you include all stocks and bonuses.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Facebook-Software-Engineer-Salaries-E40772_D_KO9,26.htm

@EssoAir: Hey, money is not that important. Tell us how it is. Do you feel comfortable. Good colleagues. Hard work? Repetitive or exciting or demanding?

Back