Should I Enter?

Javacat

Founder of the WarmFluffyUK fan club
Website
Visit site
urg.... My university has just released details about a competition that they are doing with Xerox for designing a new, original, web interface for an MFP. The prize is a trip to france, going around all of their research departments, going to lots of press conferences, lots of free crap and the possibility of an internship. I'm really interested and now that I've finished my dissertation I'm going to have time to do it, but, I've got my final year exams coming up and really need to get revision done for them so that I have the smallest chance of passing my degree.

Also, a lot of people often comment on stuff I've worked on saying that they have unusual, but really good designs...

This is a great opportunity and I know I'd have very little chance of winning, but I can't decide whether to go for it or not :(

If you have to do revisions... try to dedicated like 1 and a half hours daily to do something for the compo. Maybe you will succeed, who knows? But be sure not to focus too much on it.

Always jump in and on anything that comes your way! Good luck!

If you enter, the worst that can happen is the same as not entering. But If you DO enter, you're in with a chance.

Yes, enter, and do your very best as who knows what will come of it :)

I would do everything you can to secure your degree. This is the most important thing you can have at this stage, since it can get you quality work in the UK or abroad. Just do whatever it takes to get your 2:1 or higher, and then you'll get your rewards from there. Since Uni, I've been at BA, BP and now I'm working for HP in New Zealand - I wouldnt have had any of these jobs without the solid foundation that my degree gave me.

Yay!

Thanks for everyones replies!!!

I think that I am going to have a go at the competition (if the lecturer running it ever gets back to me). It should make a nice change to the revising for my exams, whilst still keeping my brain busy. If it ends up taking too much time from revision then I'll just drop it.

Back