Humble Introversion Bundle Source Available

Anyone looked at the source yet to see what these games are using for libraries/api's?
Haven't had a time to get any of them fully building yet. They ship with lib source and a funny method of compiling the library version they need.

Looks like DEFCON, Darwinia, Multiwinia use ogg, vorbis, sdl libs. The render code doesn't look evil to port.

Uplink came with build docs as it's a bit more mature of a source release. It also looks like the one with the most dependencies:

-Needs autopackage, http://www.autopackage.org/

-Needs autoconf, automake, libtool, Debian: autoconf, automake1.9, libtool.

-Needs x11 headers and extensions, Debian: libx11-dev, libxext-dev.

-Needs OpenGL headers, Debian: libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev.

-Needs jpeg, Debian: libjpeg62-dev.

-For SDL and SDL_mixer, if you want to use ALSA sound layer you will make sure

that you have alsa development libraries installed (Debian: used to be

alsa-headers, now libasound2-dev), same for ESD (Debian: libesd0-dev).

-For loki, libxml (Debian: libxml-dev), gtk 1 (Debian: libgtk1.2-dev),

libglade (Debian: libglade0-dev), ncurses (Debian: libncurses5-dev).

Last edited by a moderator:
sound like a pickle meat ;) (not much deps, everything in the toolchain)

gtk1, libglade outch that's so old that it's not even anymore in angstrom xD

I've poked a little at the Defcon code. Got it to build and so far only the GL code seems to be the problem, taking a closer look today.

I've poked a little at the Defcon code. Got it to build and so far only the GL code seems to be the problem, taking a closer look today.
nice, I haven't had time to make it build yet, also their initial releases were all a bit sparse (not including required files).

Hm, the one I got did seem to be missing two files (prefix.cpp and prefix.h in contrib/system_IV/contrib/binrelocate), but I found binrelocate unneccasery and hacked around it (created the files, left them empty and commented out the 4-5 lines depending on it.

Also had to add "#include <string.h>" in a few places, but that's about it.

Not a problem, since regarding his line this is only required for loki, a "linux installer", which is clearly *not* required for the Pandora. So everything should basically be there, besides requiring some effort for porting GL to GLES.

Not a problem, since regarding his line this is only required for loki, a "linux installer", which is clearly *not* required for the Pandora. So everything should basically be there, besides requiring some effort for porting GL to GLES.
I can confirm. I'm probably ~65% done porting the GL code for uplink (I got the build process working, also holy crap there's GL in so many places). I have a list of UI improvements I'm considering to make it more playable on the Pandora, but I'll likely release a beta once I have a graphical build working at all.

the only annoying GL code to port I've seen thus far is line stipple (dotted lines), which will be pretty easy (make an alpha texture and repeat it across the line). this might not make it into the beta depending on whether non-dotted lines make everything look way too ugly. it's only used in a couple of places.

I'm waiting on collaboration with slaeshjag before more work on DEFCON so we don't duplicate efforts

remember everyone, five days left to grab http://www.humblebundle.com/ at any price you want! four high-quality games - two of which will probably be running on the Pandora by next Monday (they will still need the content from the real games!)

I've purchased my copies in anticipation of the ports and discovered several superb games in the process. The indie scene on Pandora is something that certainly needs to be nurtured; it could well be the audience the machine needs to appeal to the most. Great work, guys :)

Has Introversion replied to your license inquiry? I would love to play these games on my Pandora, but the license does not look very handheld friendly:

Without the express written permission of Introversion, you will not distribute, in any format any version of the program targeted on "PocketPC", "PalmOS", any other PDA Operating System, "GameCube", "Gameboy" (including "Gameboy Advanced"), "Microsoft X-box", "Sony Playstation", any other game console, Macintosh or any other platforms other than Microsoft Windows (for the PC) or Linux.
On the other hand, the Pandora is a Linux PC :)

Has Introversion replied to your license inquiry? I would love to play these games on my Pandora, but the license does not look very handheld friendly:

Without the express written permission of Introversion, you will not distribute, in any format any version of the program targeted on "PocketPC", "PalmOS", any other PDA Operating System, "GameCube", "Gameboy" (including "Gameboy Advanced"), "Microsoft X-box", "Sony Playstation", any other game console, Macintosh or any other platforms other than Microsoft Windows (for the PC) or Linux.
On the other hand, the Pandora is a Linux PC :)

Based on that list it appears they are protecting their IP for possible release on other commercial platforms. Pandora is not really one of these markets or has the user base the other systems do.

no response yet, but NESnero did get the okay from Introversion a while ago for a binary-only Uplink port on the Pandora. I'm sure they'll at least offer the same for the rest of their titles, if not follow through with some of the more awesome options I offered.

They actually made specific mention of the Pandora in yesterday's blog post.

Introversion said:
We can’t grant the right to release versions of the games on other platforms because this is something that we want to do ourselves, but if this is something you’re really keen to do, drop us a line and we’ll see if we can sort something out. For instance If you show us a working Pandora version we’re not going to stop you launching, but we’ll need to have a conversation first.
So basically the same as for Uplink.

sweet, didn't see that blog post.

so I just need a response.

Should have read this thread before spending an hour starting looking at porting Uplink...should have expected other would be faster and better. Good thing I can abort that folder now..having never ported GL to GLES before, I felt like I was tripping on landmines rewriting some of that stuff.

I'm excited to see these games in action on my Pandora!

Back