How's Amiga Emu Looking?

Macguyver posted on Sep 30 2006 at 12:42 AM said:
Running the Amiga was the main reason I bought the GP2X.

A full speed portable Amiga? Is it possible?

Mac

Only Amiga makes it possible.

But it is not likely to ever be full speed on the GP2X unless the whole thing is re-written from scratch in ASM. It still can get pretty decent though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It IS possible. Not 100% compatible, of course, but most games are possible to be played in fullspeed with sound...

After reading this thread, it's pretty obvious that we're in a well defined demographic of people who like owning unique hardware.

Like a previous poster, I had to sell my A500 with 2mb ram and the fast ram solder and cut hack along with the color wheel newtek digitizer to finance my first PC. A piece of sh!t 486/33 4mb ram... I was able to get by running Pagemaker and Amax for Mac emulation for all the software I need until I had to run Autocad 10. :-(

Ironic that even though my A500 helped pay my way through school through desktop publishing jobs, it had to be sold to finish school. Now I play emulated Amiga games through a gp2x paid for by finishing school financed by the A500! The circle of life! :-D Here are some videos of uae4all 0.5.1 in action:

Games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6N13neyEU

Workbench:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FkzUcSsrkw

Oh bloody hell... why the Outcast goes quicker than uae?

Is not fair :( that ST is easier to emulate than Amiga500. Well A500 had more power but i dont think it had that much...

JimmySlam posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:37 PM said:
Well A500 had more power but i dont think it had that much...

Muchmuch!
It has a lot of custom chips, which makes it a beast to emulate.

Last edited:
How does Prehistorik work with you, i can't get further then the cheat screen :S

EvilDragon posted on Oct 1 2006 at 12:52 PM said:
JimmySlam posted on Oct 1 2006 at 01:37 PM said:
Well A500 had more power but i dont think it had that much...

Muchmuch!
It has a lot of custom chips, which makes it a beast to emulate.

I know i though that maybe ST had custom chips too.. :D

I am a Amiga user and In MArch I bought the gp2x for the uae emulator. But now i program for it, so i am not THAT dissapointed. I can wait more until uae works better. ;)

DTH posted on Oct 1 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
How does Prehistorik work with you, i can't get further then the cheat screen :S
It works for me. Ensure that emu bias is set to full CPU - it won't work otherwise. Additionally, what often seems to happen when things hang whilst loading it that they're relying on sound being enabled. Generally, if you enable sound whilst the game is loading, then disable it, that should often be enough for success.

I found at 250MHz it was quite playable, though it really needs the jump action mapped to a button rather than the stick. I was using an adf with the filename "Prehistorik (1991)(Titus)[cr CPY].adf"

Back