How to install Android on your Pandora

I'll ad that info to the google spreadsheet. MR_LOON, would you mind to link to the actual document in the first post? thank you

Hmmm. It installs but force closes upon being launched. It could be that I'm using a CC pandora. (It did get the demo to run)

Hmmm. It installs but force closes upon being launched. It could be that I'm using a CC pandora. (It did get the demo to run)
>Android
>Circuit Co Pandora

Pick one

not true, also have a CC pandora and android works
It may "work" but what can you do with it? Wouldn't everything lag like all hell?
Not at all - it's very swift on my CC Pandora, and plays games better than my phone does.

D.

sorry to ask ive never had any luck with android even though the install proccess lossks increadbly simplistic. issues ive always had/have are i have removed both my main sd cards as a precaution. i am now using a completely blank sd card inslot 1 (with the exception of the pandora folders, and a copy of gingerbread r6 in the menu folder) android shows up in the system menu. When i click to open i get as far as android needs root privilages to run please enter your password. i input my password and everything exits back to the pandora home screen. this is the rurthest i have ever got. it does create an android_gingerbread folder in appdata but other than this nothing happens. Any pointers to what i am doing wrong?

sorry to ask ive never had any luck with android even though the install proccess lossks increadbly simplistic. issues ive always had/have are i have removed both my main sd cards as a precaution. i am now using a completely blank sd card inslot 1 (with the exception of the pandora folders, and a copy of gingerbread r6 in the menu folder) android shows up in the system menu. When i click to open i get as far as android needs root privilages to run please enter your password. i input my password and everything exits back to the pandora home screen. this is the rurthest i have ever got. it does create an android_gingerbread folder in appdata but other than this nothing happens. Any pointers to what i am doing wrong?
the first time I tried it didnt work for me either. reflash SuperZaxxon and try again. But install Android before you do anything else with the Pandora. It should work then

cool cool dont think am gonna bother then dont fancy a pointless re flash just for android, then having to set everything back up again, al stick to android on my phone with an xbox controller if a reflash is the general concenses

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Android ROM version are you using? There is only ONE compatible.

I asked ED to update the first post by PM, but no answer yet.

Got it working in the end, dunno what was wrong just kept clicking the gingerbread pnd. It would keep exiting at the same point and after about 10 attempts it finally loaded. Random. I was patient with it and leave it for 5 mins between the exits took about an hour so god knows why it didn't work then suddenly it did.  :D

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about which instructions I should follow...

What's the current way to install android or to run it from a PND? (I'm guessing if I install it, that means using only android in the pandora, am I right?)

:S

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about which instructions I should follow...

What's the current way to install android or to run it from a PND? (I'm guessing if I install it, that means using only android in the pandora, am I right?)

:S
No, it run android from the PND.. it basically closes all the Angstrom GUI processes and launches Android.

The link that was on this page seems broken, but it's still on the first page of the original thread here..

you can follow the first page of this thread to install the play store.

why isn't there a real install of android available though?

shouldn't in theory run better?
Lack of interest from the developers mostly..

Performance wise it shouldn't be any bit faster, all the Angstrom related processes are shutdown prior to launching android. What really is needed is someone to spend a ton of time optimizing it.. Notaz who release the gingerbread PND has no interest in maintaining an android build.

There are enough Android devices out there. It's kind of nice to have Android available on the Pandora as well (just in case it's needed for something), but time is better spent on development for the things that make the Pandora unique. 

For me, the companion of my Pandora is an Android-powered Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i). It also has a hardware keyboard, is very small (really very small!) and provides an Internet bridge for the Pandora. So for me, no need at all to have Android on the Pandora. ;-)

There are enough Android devices out there. It's kind of nice to have Android available on the Pandora as well (just in case it's needed for something), but time is better spent on development for the things that make the Pandora unique.

Back