How to install Android on your Pandora

On my 256 mb Ram Pandora, Minecraft works, but seems like it isnt the Xperia Play version, this Version has Touchscreen Input..

But as i have my Xperia Play here, this isnt a Problem because i dont need to play Minecraft on the Pandora..

On my 256 mb Ram Pandora, Minecraft works, but seems like it isnt the Xperia Play version, this Version has Touchscreen Input..

But as i have my Xperia Play here, this isnt a Problem because i dont need to play Minecraft on the Pandora..
I just assumed it wasnt picking up the controls so showed touch screen controls instead. Might have a hunt for the xperia apk, as I dont want to buy it unless it has proper controls.

Oh, i just forgot to say: I have a 800 mb Swapfile on the SD Card, and the Pandy is clocket to 1,02 ghz (i hope this ditnt harm the Pandora much)

I finally got it working. I had to start over at one point because market wanted to download all the apps installed on my phone and I couldn't get it to stop.

I can confirm that Netflix works. Stuttered a bit at first; but, eventually ran pretty darn smooth. Slow to get going though, that's for sure. After you click on a movie, you have to close the lid and reopen it to force it to landscape mode. I have the same problem on a cheap tablet from China I have.

Unfortunately, Onlive didn't work. Man that would have been cool. It stuttered a bit and I could hear the opening tunes but then a force close dialog appeared. I am using first gen Pandora so who knows maybe it will work on the newer faster model.

Thank you to everyone and their hard work on this. Pretty neat and totally killed my day. :)

After you click on a movie, you have to close the lid and reopen it to force it to landscape mode.

There are rotation locking apps in the playstore you can force it to landscape all the time.

Edit 2: Never mind! It seems to be a broken something in my unit... :( An intermittent damage.

Something "funny" happened to me, I thought to let you all know: Don't let Android run out of battery! It happened to me and now the battery level is all messed up and reports always %0, but Snes9x4p reports -109, hehe.

Is this easily fixable? I'm ready to re-flash my NAND... (A la WinTho$$e solution)

Edit: Wow! I just re-flashed and it's doing exactly the same. I didn't mention that the analogue nubs stopped working as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you remove and reinsert the battery?

That should reinitialize the chip.

Yes, I did, but I'm doing it again. . . . . Same thing. This time I got into Mini Menu and it reports 225% battery life. (If it were true, I would be happy, hehe)

Nubs still not working either, but there are other issues that make me think I'm gonna have to send it back to you again :( I think I'll make you a video this time.

Got my N64oid working but not the analog controls!! Is it possible to enable these.....

Hey this might sound a bit noobish but is having android on the Pandora illegal??
like having a BIOS file from PS1 or PS2??

Just curious as Im trying to go 100% legit with everything. even to the point as to buying a "Doctor V64" to backup my own N64 games to play on the Pandora =D

Hey this might sound a bit noobish but is having android on the Pandora illegal??

Just curious as Im trying to go 100% legit with everything. even to the point as to buying a "Doctor V64" to backup my own N64 games to play on the Pandora =D
Lol, this version of Android is based on AOSP so its totally cool

Lol, this version of Android is based on AOSP so its totally cool
SWWWWEEEETTTT!!!! I was hoping for it to be  ^_^

Cheers for the help  :D

I installed the Android PND, and it seems to work fine so far, except:

- 3D driver not loaded, I get an error message on startup, that says "SGX driver load failed, no 3D support". Is this normal? Should I do something about it?

- I cannot activate WiFi inside Android. It deactivates itself again after a few seconds. However, in SuperZaxxon Wifi works flawlessly. I tried starting Android with and without WiFi enabled in SuperZaxxon, same result. How can I fix that?

Thank you!

That isn't typical, Both Wifi and 3D acceleration should just work.

Only thing I can think of is the initial setup didn't work properly.. perhaps can be fix by deleting the Android folder in the appdata directory and go through the initial start up again. Also may want to download the gingerbread pnd over again just to be safe.

I think the first post is a little bit outdated.

The info of the firmware, as one buddy said, is outtdated.

The location to find the Android market, is also old, I didn't find anything there, and copying a new version of the android market doesn't work because it needs more apps like gmail to set a gmail accout.

Could someone help me to find the way to install play store? I have many apps bought and I want to take advantage of it.

I grab this one 

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

It's for gingerbread, from 28/08/2012.

I was scared at first, because some parts of the UI were at portrait mode, but after a while everything gets normal.

Now I'm facing several problems to connect to google servers.

The wifi seems to work, I can even surf the web, but I can not setup a google account.

I'm connected to my wifi network, with excelent signal and a speed of -1 ¿?WTF??!!

I think the first post is a little bit outdated.

The info of the firmware, as one buddy said, is outtdated.

The location to find the Android market, is also old, I didn't find anything there, and copying a new version of the android market doesn't work because it needs more apps like gmail to set a gmail accout.

Could someone help me to find the way to install play store? I have many apps bought and I want to take advantage of it.
This is correct, SuperZaxxon is no longer in Beta.

As for the Google Apps, go to www.goo.im/gapps

Google's official apps do not require "gmail" and "latatude" and everything else. All you need is the Google Services Framework (the data syncing software w/ OAuth) and Vending (Everything with "Play" in the name)

OK! Now it worked.

There were two problems working as a team: First of all I downloaded the correct file (jus luck) but I did not configure the date properly.

After some frustrating attemps, I tried to download  other version of the GAPPS.

Then, again, no success. But when I tried to login from web browser I got a certification Issue, then I realized the date error, fixed, buuut, there were the wrong GAAPS, so afther that, I read your post ^

After checking the Android version that we have (2.3.7) - ED only menthions cyano ver 7, but there are several versions of 7.

After all this painful way, finally I got it working.

I really think is very very important to update the first post with this new information. Is just a little piece an will save lot of frustration from users.

Cheers

Ok, im on my awesome pandora using tapatalk. I installes this app before the market got updated. Now I have a new issue: after the - I don’t know when - market got updated im not able to install app that I bought. With the old market version I can, why now i can’t??

Enviado desde mi Pandora usando Tapatalk 2

Ok, im on my awesome pandora using tapatalk. I installes this app before the market got updated. Now I have a new issue: after the - I don’t know when - market got updated im not able to install app that I bought. With the old market version I can, why now i can’t??

Enviado desde mi Pandora usando Tapatalk 2
Wait 24hrs, and your "purchased" apps will be synced. Tose dont occur immediatly because the purchase must be re-authorised.

I suggest you message ED about updating the post

Back