How To Build A Pandora

CronoTrig said:
Shouldn't ABXY be labelled differently? Like so:
CODE

X
Y A
B

Hmmm, me thinks your really CronoTriggerFan. However if your not then this has already been discussed to death, and was put to death when that little topic at the top named "WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING HARDWARE SUGGESTIONS" was posted.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
there just plastic buttons i'm sure you can change it if you really want to.

waffles said:
Nice, wish i had the talent to make a .gif of it all flying together.
Great idea!

flyingtogether.jpg

CandidStan said:
CronoTrig said:
Shouldn't ABXY be labelled differently? Like so:
CODE

X
Y A
B

Hmmm, me thinks your really CronoTriggerFan. However if your not then this has already been discussed to death, and was put to death when that little topic at the top named "WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING HARDWARE SUGGESTIONS" was posted.

:lol:

Ah, my bad, I must have missed that (there really is too much to skim through for someone new to these forums). =/

And no, I'm not CronoTriggerFan, I've been using the name CronoTrig for years now after finding that 'Crono' was taken most of the time.

Yes, there's only one me, after all. :lol: I've kept my name for similar reasons, being that ChronoTriggerfan was taken at the very first forum I ever registered for.

And Gruso, epic photoshop. :D

EvilDragon said:
FRZ said:
Where does the PCB fit in there?
Umm... inside the assembled case?
(yep, it fits there.)
Yeah, actually I was watching one of the videos that you posted on youtube and saw how slim the pcb is.

@Gruso - For shame - waffles specified a gif, and that picture is a jpg! :eek:

(But it's hilarious, so that's ok. :p)

It looks beautiful! THe pad however looks a bit weird, has it passed the hadoken test? :)

Do you mind if I ask what 3D suite you're using, and if you could post the object file? If you don't mind I'd be interested in trying my hand at a couple renders. I just installed Lightwave 9.5 and it does a kickass job with soft-shadows and radiosity.

I wish there was a little more space inside. I wanted to include an addon pcb somehow. My idea is to add a mini cellphone pcb and connect directly by usb. With software by linux. Guess, I'll just see it when it arrives.. But I really wish it has more (even just small enough) space. Nice pictures ED

I think the joypad could be a problem, it seems hard to make for exemple some fireball's (street fighter 2 exemple).

Ps : i send you an email to know if it's possible to grab a dev-unit, i bet it's too late ?

Cpasjuste said:
I think the joypad could be a problem, it seems hard to make for exemple some fireball's (street fighter 2 exemple).
You mean d-pad? Joypad refers to a whole controller. :p Either way, I think you need to take into consideration the size of the thing. Seeing as Pandora is about as big as a DS Phat, the d-pad is about the same size as it, too, and the parts that arch up at the edge will be like that of the d-pad on said system.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Seeing as Pandora is about as big as a DS Phat, the d-pad is about the same size as it, too, and the parts that arch up at the edge will be like that of the d-pad on said system.
Yeah but the old DS had one of the worst D-Pads i've ever used in my life!

ashdjones said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Seeing as Pandora is about as big as a DS Phat, the d-pad is about the same size as it, too, and the parts that arch up at the edge will be like that of the d-pad on said system.
You've either had a very short life or not used many d-pads, then. :lol:

CronoTriggerfan said:
ashdjones said:

Since the NES, which I believe was the first (but as always happens with these things, another company probably invented it 20 years before it just never got popular). I've also owned the vast majority of games consoles, including the obscure ones.

So yeah (now I have my gaming credentials), it's completely awful... the size and shape is alright, it just has absolutely no movement and clicks really hard like mobile phone buttons.

Name me a console with a worse D-Pad then! :p

My top 3 D-Pads:

GB Micro
Snes
Saturn

ashdjones said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
ashdjones said:

Since the NES, which I believe was the first (but as always happens with these things, another company probably invented it 20 years before it just never got popular). I've also owned the vast majority of games consoles, including the obscure ones.

So yeah (now I have my gaming credentials), it's completely awful... the size and shape is alright, it just has absolutely no movement and clicks really hard like mobile phone buttons.

Name me a console with a worse D-Pad then! :p

My top 3 D-Pads:

GB Micro
Snes
Saturn

The devs have mentioned the Pandora pad has a SNES feel to it.

cbox said:
The devs have mentioned the Pandora pad has a SNES feel to it.
Yeah i've seen those comments, very encouraging. What with the keyboard and nubs it'lll be more like Snes crossed with Dualshock interbred with the Jaguar.

Back