1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How rigid is the roguelike genre?

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by LWFlouisa, May 14, 2018.

1. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Newbie

It seems like in game design, cross-genre is more the norm than it is in fiction.

I dabbled in some roguelike development during the 7DRL section, though the second time the map flowed a little weirdly, and I use numbers based terminal GUIs for certain functions instead of what one might more typical expect out of rogue-like games.

I like more roguelike functions, and less doing a true roguelike. Specifically precedural dungeons, and perma death.

But I like the graphical quality that comes with Turn based tactical RPGs like FF tactics. (Battle specific, and normal town navigation isn't turn based.) Though I find tiles a little strict, and prefer the Cluster based turn based tactical system in Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits.

Cluster based, for lack of a better term.

Not getting why this is off topic from finding a game design team.

2. Wally

Wally TrashyMG's worst nightmare Staff Member

You don't mention that you're looking for a game design team anywhere and is read like a story.... Besides that's still off-topic as the section is for active development only.