How much do you use your Pandora?

Oh... MP3 player use counts?

Well then I wanna change my vote lol... almost all day then.

Lately, for about three hours per day listening to audio books. It is good use of otherwise wasted time. I can't read/game/watch movies in a moving vehicle, I get sick =(

I use it a lot in car rides. I will average a hour everyday. The main use is for trips so it is hard to say how much I use it.

In the car as an mp3 player to school: 1-1/2hour

Game play: 1hour

Video:3hours

so 15-16 hours a week

Seems i must be average with about 3-4 hours a day.

Mostly evenings and mornings in bed.

Just completed ScumVM "Dott" and 4 hours into "The dig"

Ps1 Crash bandicoot 2 is awesome to play before getting up for work in the morning.

I am loving it.

Shame my Pandora battery only seems to last 5 hours on a single charge with stock settings and no wifi.

Any ideas how i can improve this to the mythical 10 ?

The 10 hours isn't mythical - it's normal and what you should be getting. :p

If you're only getting five hours with those settings, unfortunately there's something wrong with either your Pandora or your battery. I would advise opening up a thread in the Support section so that you can get some further input.

With VVVVVV and Forget me not just released, seemingly all the time. :) Probably use it for an hour a day at home and being a non driver & frequent rail traveller it gets used extensively when I'm on long or even longish journeys.

I always take the Pandora on weekends away and it comes in really handy as a phone charger for me & a DS charger for my daughter.

i recogn i notch up close to 6 hours a day (probably gonna be less for a few months now cod is out) i do all my internet browsing and emailing on the pandora and probably play 3 4 hours of games on it whilst watchin/listening to the tv, i will se it more for mp3s son just saving for a few larger sd cards first.

I must admit I'm barely using it at all. The reason I'm not using it at home is because I simply don't like the user interface, it's very cumbersome to use a shrinked desktop setup which is not designed for a small device like this. Particularly when I've gotten so used to the Maemo interfaces, and also Android lately. It feels very awkward to use the Pandora after that. The mini menu interface could be an option, but in practice I keep jumping back and forth to do what I want. In the end the Pandora did arrive too late - the devices I got in the meantime are so much better when it comes to user interfaces.

I would, however, have used the Pandora in the office for a number of things - I have great use cases for it here. The problem is that the Pandora is nearly useless in an office environment due to the keyboard. Overhead phosphor tube lights create a lot of glare on the keys, and due to their hopeless shape the glare will cover the key symbol whatever way the Pandora is turned, there's no way to use it, except upside down. It doesn't matter so much for characters, but as non-letter symbols are in non-standard places you really need to see them. The keyboard mat design is a disaster really.

-Tor

I don't use mine all that much, mostly because of persistent Wi-Fi issues with my unit. I expect it will get a much harder workout next year (when I start my second uni degree), as a portable Python CLI. Especially if LaTeX is working by then.

I would, however, have used the Pandora in the office for a number of things - I have great use cases for it here. The problem is that the Pandora is nearly useless in an office environment due to the keyboard. Overhead phosphor tube lights create a lot of glare on the keys, and due to their hopeless shape the glare will cover the key symbol whatever way the Pandora is turned, there's no way to use it, except upside down. It doesn't matter so much for characters, but as non-letter symbols are in non-standard places you really need to see them. The keyboard mat design is a disaster really.
I couldn't disagree more. I work in an office with overhead lights and find the Open Pandora keyboard an immaculate joy to type on. Perhaps my lights are dimmer. Regardless, the keys are comfortable and ergonomic, in fact the only downside to me is that I have to use my thumbs! And I still type quickly enough for office work on it. The mat truly had good planning -- maximized space, minimized learning curve, and measurements to humble a supermodel.

Seems i must be average with about 3-4 hours a day.

Mostly evenings and mornings in bed.

Just completed ScumVM "Dott" and 4 hours into "The dig"

Ps1 Crash bandicoot 2 is awesome to play before getting up for work in the morning.

I am loving it.

Shame my Pandora battery only seems to last 5 hours on a single charge with stock settings and no wifi.

Any ideas how i can improve this to the mythical 10 ?
Dim the screen. I didn't get 10 hours offline when I first got it... only after dimming the screen did I start seeing immense battery life improvements. 10+ hours as advertised. Plus it's better for my eyes over such lengthy usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't disagree more. I work in an office with overhead lights and find the Open Pandora keyboard an immaculate joy to type on. Perhaps my lights are dimmer.
Can you actually see the printing on the keys? I cannot, whichever way I turn the unit (the reflection just follows and stay on top of the print, due to the curve of the keys). If you can, then I believe there must be a physical difference between your keymat and mine. Office tube lights aren't usually much different. If you can see the writing on the keys then you must have a much more matte keymat than I have.

Thank you Prometheus and bismuthdrummer for your reply threads.

Hmmm if 10+ hours is normal then i will contact OP about buying a new battery.

I have the screen brightness set to 5 for most apps.

After a full charge if i pull the power cable out battery time shows as 6 hours of which i only get about 5 and a bit hours.

Yes, that is very odd. I have full brightness and wifi on right now and it's still reporting 7-8 hours while surfing the web. If I stop and let the Pandora go idle for a minute or two that actually jumps to 11.5 hours.

I was being serious.

Having said that, These contraptions are the only train I would avoid if possible. They appear to have been designed by someone who has never been on a train!

Tilting induces travel sickness at any speed under or around the speed limit, while the tiny, black windows make it hard to see out for no good reason.

If any rolling stock designers ever read this, please note:

Trains != Aeroplanes != Road vehicles

Railways==Railways

23_62_16---Virgin-Class-390-Pendolino_web.jpg

Now back to the topic.

I am one of the many out there with a whopping great 0:0h clocked up on my pandora each week, due to the fact I don't have one.

Heres waiting two months...

Back