How Many People Have Paid By Bank Transfer?

Have you paid by Bank Transfer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MDave

ZEQ2 Lite Developer
United Kingdom, North East Wales, Buckley
Website
www.zeq2.com
Lets see how many of you are paying this way, or are going to.

If you vote, please also post where in the world you are. :)

EDIT: Ahh crap I screwed up the poll by requiring you to vote in the second question, which doesn't make sense if you voted yes for the first question. Can a mod fix this for me?

Done - Tobriand 19/12/08

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
EDIT: Ahh crap I screwed up the poll by requiring you to vote in the second question, which doesn't make sense if you voted yes for the first question. Can a mod fix this for me?
I won't vote until this is fixed.

There's also an option to pay using Traveller's Cheque, e.g. Thomas cook http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller%27s_cheque
Send cheque by snail mail to Craig, send security code by email. If cheque is lost in snail mail the money are not lost, since cheque is invalid without security code. You only need to visit Thomas Cook office in your town to buy the cheque.

I voted yes to 'will you' because there isn't a most likely option.

I'm just waiting to see what craig has to post on the matter first before I decide how my bank transfer will get there.

socket said:
i voted, but only because i could... i will but not yet. in the USA.
Just to clarify... wife works at a bank, will only cost me $10 plus conversion fee to lbs... doing it on friday. good luck craig and team! i have strong faith!

I live in outside of Reno , Nevada and paid using a debit card was refunded and paid the refunded amount back via bank transfer for $30 , I'm all in and very excited about getting a pandora :) just waiting for final conformation that I am not obligated to pay anymore and my order is secure :) ...Bud

i'm living in France and just after the refund i have done a bank transfer in the end november (in gp2x shop because it's in euro then i don't have bank fee)

Yod4z said:
i'm living in France and just after the refund i have done a bank transfer in the end november (in gp2x shop because it's in euro then i don't have bank fee)
yup, anyone in europe should be able to make the transfer for free, so lets hope there are enough europeans to get to most of the transfers

i paid via bank transfer in the first place, so no refund/reorder mess for me :)

craigix said:
About 1000. It needs to reach about 1800.

~4000 pandora's were pre-ordered

~1800 need to be payed by non CC methods = 40%

100% = 4500 pandora's

and then there are the ones that didnt need to be refunded (like the gp2x pandora's)

or is the 40% money wise than it could be because some people might have ordered several pandoras and extras (but if they ordered more than 1 than the number doesnt fit at all)

I don't understand why so many people are being stubborn on this. I know there are some people who just don't have the option of doing a transfer, but the majority of people waiting for the CC link could do a transfer today if they could just get over that mental hurdle.

It's ironic that people are putting all their trust in credit providers when they're the very thing we've seen falling down around us.

Come on people, are we supporting this project or not? We committed to Pandora by putting our initial orders in. Let's bite the bullet and help reach that 40% goal. If you're worried about OpenPandora going bust and losing your funds, remember this: the worst financial outcome they can have is for the bank not to accept the remaining payments. And that's exactly what's happening until we reach 40% bank transfers.

At the very least, get onto your bank's website now and read their FAQ on transfers. I thought it would be a hassle until I looked into it.

Well, I thought like you first, but after asking members from the US and listening to their concerns, I understood them better. It's a kind of cultural difference, because it is just not the way it is handled over there.

It's not necessarily a cultural difference. It's a money issue. An international wire transfer could cost an extra $50 or so in fees. Considering that the Pandora itself was only around $350, that's a good 14% extra. For people who already were scrounging up money to pay (for example, college students like me), or people whose significant others are getting anxious and are starting to think this is a scam, an extra $50 could make the difference between reordering and not.

Voted. Live in UK. Did the transfer, got an e-mail back a few days later to confirm transfer had reached them.

Gruso said:
I don't understand why so many people are being stubborn on this. I know there are some people who just don't have the option of doing a transfer, but the majority of people waiting for the CC link could do a transfer today if they could just get over that mental hurdle.

It's ironic that people are putting all their trust in credit providers when they're the very thing we've seen falling down around us.
Personal experience - I've lost money paying for things by bank transfer, I've had it refunded in full when things have gone awry with credit card payment.

The vast majority of the 700 customers of the German store paid via bank transfer because that was the only method officially offerered.

Back