How Many People Are Really Committed To Buy?

Are you going to buy a Pandora?

• Yes, I will buy MULTIPLE Pandoras the moment they become avaiable.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, My money is in my left hand and my right hand will be refreshing my screen for the next 24 hour

• Yes, but I'm not worried about a sell out, I'll get one tomorrow or the next day. Whatever.

• Yes but i don't have the money right now, I'll prob buy one in the next 2 weeks.

• Yes, I'll get one but I want to wait till the second batch in case there are problems.

• No, I'm not interested in the Pandora right now, maybe after I see what it can do, I'll think about

• No, I think the Pandora is crap, I'll never buy one.

• Total voters

quadomatic said:
I won't have the cash ready to preorder till next wednesday at least. Hopefully that won't be a huge problem.
Now that the Pandora's hit the front page on Digg, it very well could be a huge problem. I'm getting nervous about my pre-order making it, and I'm going to be hitting F5 starting at 9am (EST) with my credit card ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the 3000 will sell out as quickly as many people seem to think. But I do wonder how well Craig's web server will hold up around lunch time tomorrow!

Vorporeal said:
quadomatic said:
I won't have the cash ready to preorder till next wednesday at least. Hopefully that won't be a huge problem.
Now that the Pandora's hit the front page on Digg, it very well could be a huge problem. I'm getting nervous about my pre-order making it, and I'm going to be hitting F5 starting at 9am (EST) with my credit card ready.

Still, I'm hoping that isn't going to be an issue...oh jeez.

MonkeyChops said:
Yes I suppose "guesstimate" would be a better word for it. If I had some kind of percent for lurkers I could be more accurate but there are some assumptions you can make from this poll.

Nearly 80% of the people voting are ready to buy right now. There are around 15000 members on gp32, round that to 10000 (pulled this number from my butt) for actual active users and say roughly half of those are interested in the pandora. Then I'd guess that the "80% buy now" number is too high since those numbers come from users interested enough to "hang out" in the pandora forum. So, I'd cut that number in half also. So say 40% of 5000, which I'm sure is high but prob not to crazy if you assume that accounts for the lurkers and such.

So my "guesstimate", my very-crude-pull-numbers-out-of-my-butt guesstimate says that 2000 units will sell in the first day or 2.

Who thinks I'm crazy? :D
Well, I`ve just taken a look up your butt, And there doesn`t seem to be anymore numbers up there. So i can probably safely say you are not crazy, As there really isn`t anything else to go on.

:rolleyes:

Trooper

That was a really great idea getting the pandora at the top of the Digg
so now i am also worried that the server will jam and we may well see all 3000 go in one day ,im not trying to worrie anyone as i am worried myself,and to think the pandora was created on these boards yet the same good people might not even get the chance to own one of the first.

Im very new to the board so i would understand if i were not to get one but im sure theres some really good guys here that have put in the time
throwing ideas around on the development of the pandora and so on ,it would be pretty dam bad if they dont get their pandora.

right now ,it has taken me 20 mins to get on the forum due to traffic
and i think it will be worse come 2pm.

[/quote]

Well, I`ve just taken a look up your butt, And there doesn`t seem to be anymore numbers up there. So i can probably safely say you are not crazy, As there really isn`t anything else to go on.

:rolleyes:

Trooper
[/quote]

ewwwww you're looking up his butt?

CronoTriggerfan said:
I've got this, 10 minutes to rush to the library, buy the Pandora, and get to 3rd hour. I can do it. :D

EDIT: Unless, of course, the Pandora sells out in 19 minutes... >_>
You have 10 minutes to get from one class to the next? We only have 6!!!

And that's if you don't have blocks on your network...maybe try logmein to access your home computer over https?

Don't worry, Pandora won't sell out. You're fine. Take your time. It's all good. You are getting very sleepy. When you wake up, you will have never heard of the totally awesome Pandora handheld until the clock strikes midnight on October 1st. [crossing fingers] Excellent.

quadomatic said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
I've got this, 10 minutes to rush to the library, buy the Pandora, and get to 3rd hour. I can do it. :D

EDIT: Unless, of course, the Pandora sells out in 19 minutes... >_>
You have 10 minutes to get from one class to the next? We only have 6!!!

And that's if you don't have blocks on your network...maybe try logmein to access your home computer over https?
I've got FireFox Portable configured to my school's IP configuration, we're good. :p

I want one of course

but i don't believe it will be rush on pre-order.

I prefer wait November ( problem of money) , of course if the first 3000 are selling fast , maybe i must wait the second batch, so i could negotiate it for my birthday ( January)

I will very happy if all the 3000 are sold in pre-orders but i don't believe it ....

I will order 2 today, one for me and one for a friend. :)

I go to eat now and when I get back at 2PM (UK Time) I will be ready to order!

wow, almost 300 votes now and more than half are F5 slaves. not to mention the pandora site being down, maybe this thing will sell out in less than a day.

Back