How Long Until We See Uae4All? (Amiga Emulator)

finally managed to get the save states working hooraaah,can now save stunt car racer and f1 grand prix these both work using a blank adf file as a save disk,what an awesome emulator.good work reesy.

Thanks Tomlad!
Save state support? Did I miss a version?

Meanwhile: I tried Protracker with it. Why? "blasphemy, he's not playing games?" I hear you say :p . Well, I make music and this is a great portable way to have my mods played without lugging the Amiga around :D

The performance is perfect! If the mouse could be made to work in the way I described before, it would be dreamy.
I will try some trackmos,but since the whole thing slows down to a crawl when there's disk access involved, I bet they won't run as nice, which is a shame.

Anyway I made a video, excuse my lameness in moving the Caanoo and the poor audio quality:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSFLsaw-zMA[/youtube]

It seems Youtube added a delay to the video, why the heck did this happen? Believe me the response is perfect, there's no delay like on the video :/

Cool!

Changing the way the mouse works will be easy, in fact the way you want it to work is the way it originally worked. I changed it as I wanted something that was usable for all games, the problem with the old method is that the position of the stylus on the screen quickly becomes out of sync with the mouse position in the Amiga emulation.

I've not had a chance yet to spend any more time on uae4all but hopefully I will this weekend.

Later
Reesy

I suppose being able to choose between the two modes ("trackpad" and direct) would be awesome.
I also have another suggestion: add USB keyboard and mouse support. This would make an awesome addition.

I still don't understand what the first two options do. Anyone?

I will be trying more tools soon and posting videos :)

Hello, Reesy! I'm want to ask you about threshold value for jOffset in menus. It was set to 200, but as far as i know Caanoo joystick axis values returned by SDL event function is a Sint16 values. So, +-16384 is a threshold for both of axis(i used +-4000 in UnrealSpeccyPortable port), but +-200 is a way too low value for it causing input jitter.
Btw, why does every menu has a personal input handler?

Aion said:
Hello, Reesy! I'm want to ask you about threshold value for jOffset in menus. It was set to 200, but as far as i know Caanoo joystick axis values returned by SDL event function is a Sint16 values. So, +-16384 is a threshold for both of axis(i used +-4000 in UnrealSpeccyPortable port), but +-200 is a way too low value for it causing input jitter.
Btw, why does every menu has a personal input handler?

The menu code is not mine, its from the original GP2X port. So I have no idea why there is an input handler in every menu...its a pain in the ass though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
kikendo said:
Thanks Tomlad!
Save state support? Did I miss a version?

Meanwhile: I tried Protracker with it. Why? "blasphemy, he's not playing games?" I hear you say :p . Well, I make music and this is a great portable way to have my mods played without lugging the Amiga around :D

The performance is perfect! If the mouse could be made to work in the way I described before, it would be dreamy.
I will try some trackmos,but since the whole thing slows down to a crawl when there's disk access involved, I bet they won't run as nice, which is a shame.

Anyway I made a video, excuse my lameness in moving the Caanoo and the poor audio quality:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSFLsaw-zMA[/youtube]

It seems Youtube added a delay to the video, why the heck did this happen? Believe me the response is perfect, there's no delay like on the video :/

AAAAAAKIIIIIIIIRRRRAAAAAA!

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m sorry REESY to be repetitive, but please give me a site to donate for your work (though it won´t be much).
best regards, Akabei

I would leave it for the time being as I did not package up the source code for that release since it was not a *proper* release...even though some people have forgotten about this...which is why I should refrain from releasing stuff until I'm happy with it.

Unfortunately I did not get any time over the weekend to work on this, hopefully next weekend I'll have better luck.

With regards to donations, I'm not accepting any as I do not want to get into a position where I feel obligated to work on this port. If you really have to donate then please send your cash to Notaz ( http://notaz.gp2x.de/ ) since he did a load of work integrating the Cyclone CPU core into the emulator.

Just to clarify my only intention with this port is to get it working to MY basic needs, ie save states and the various input requirements. I will not be fixing or improving the actual Amiga emulation since this is way out of my league and will exceed the amount of time I want to invest in this project.

Ok, understood.
I think nobody here wants to push you somewhere you don´t want to be.
What you have done so far is very much appreciated and save states would make it a little gem.

Wow, that was a thread killer :) Just kidding! Reesy, great work! I love being able to run my Amiga games on the caanoo. This really gave me a reason for dusting of my caanoo and rediscover it's potential. Hopefully someone else will continue developing this awesome emulator and make it a great one! Those who was fortune enough to grow up with the Amiga knows what a great computer it was! In my opinion it was the greatest and in many ways it still is! Where do we go from here? Amiga rules!

:) Yes it was a bit of a thread killer. I could see that everyone's expectations were far exceeding what I actually wanted to do with the port, so I thought I'd better clear things up before it got out of hand. At least everyone knows where they stand.

Again I did not get any time over the weekend but its a bank holiday today, so I'm going to do some work now on the port.

I appreciate any work done Reesy. I'd imagine it's very time consuming.

Things done so far

Menu re-organised
4 slots on main screen for loading disks
Options moved to separate menu to make room for the slots mentioned above.
Overclock speeds now match the overclock speeds actually available.

Fixed disk menu bug
Issue caused by menu using different input handler

I've started looking at savestates but it looks like the save state code is not in sync with recent changes made to the emulation core and I get lots of complile time errors informing me that things do not exist. I'll look a little more into this just in case its easily but if it looks like a ton of work I wont bother.

Things left to do

Extra options for touchscreen mouse emulation
User definable keys

I'll hopefully get some time to do this next weekend but we'll see.

Later
Reesy

I really enjoy Uae4All, a plus to my Caanoo enjoyment!

I'm glad the disk menu bug has been fixed. That was killing me. The 4 disk slots will be great!

Save states would be amazing... for use with Caanoo on short journeys etc. but not 100% neccesary in my mind.

Thanks for all your hard work guys, much deserved praise from me!

Back