How Long Until We See Uae4All? (Amiga Emulator)

Reesy said:
Things done so far

Menu re-organised
4 slots on main screen for loading disks
Options moved to separate menu to make room for the slots mentioned above.
Overclock speeds now match the overclock speeds actually available.

Fixed disk menu bug
Issue caused by menu using different input handler

I've started looking at savestates but it looks like the save state code is not in sync with recent changes made to the emulation core and I get lots of complile time errors informing me that things do not exist. I'll look a little more into this just in case its easily but if it looks like a ton of work I wont bother.

Things left to do

Extra options for touchscreen mouse emulation
User definable keys

I'll hopefully get some time to do this next weekend but we'll see.

Later
Reesy

Hi There,

I have been using 0.8 beta with ginge and the only thing apart from the save state you talk about is that the overclocking part of 0.8 beta only goes to 275Mhz due to the fact that the gp2x f200 only goes that far,

If the amiga emu can be tweaked to accept higher clock speeds like the turbo gfx emu that I run through ginge also, Then that would be awsome enough.

Great work by the way and sorry for my english I come from Leeds. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
chris2029 said:
Reesy said:
Things done so far

Menu re-organised
4 slots on main screen for loading disks
Options moved to separate menu to make room for the slots mentioned above.
Overclock speeds now match the overclock speeds actually available.

Fixed disk menu bug
Issue caused by menu using different input handler

I've started looking at savestates but it looks like the save state code is not in sync with recent changes made to the emulation core and I get lots of complile time errors informing me that things do not exist. I'll look a little more into this just in case its easily but if it looks like a ton of work I wont bother.

Things left to do

Extra options for touchscreen mouse emulation
User definable keys

I'll hopefully get some time to do this next weekend but we'll see.

Later
Reesy

Hi There,

I have been using 0.8 beta with ginge and the only thing apart from the save state you talk about is that the overclocking part of 0.8 beta only goes to 275Mhz due to the fact that the gp2x f200 only goes that far,

If the amiga emu can be tweaked to accept higher clock speeds like the turbo gfx emu that I run through ginge also, Then that would be awsome enough.

Great work by the way and sorry for my english I come from Leeds. :)

Just reading through all the thread i realise you have sorted this awsome work i am happy.

Reesy said:
I'm still working on the release, the mouse emulation is still causing me problems.

Thanks for updating us.

To be honest, I've never had a problem using the analogue, I'm enjoying playing Cannon Fodder just as much, for me performance is far more important, but well done on your commitment to this obviously trying problem, wish I could help.

I wonder how close Reesy is to releasing the new version? I can't wait to try it.

Reesy said:
I got bored with it and finished some changes to DrSMS instead, I'll get back to it at some point.

Please do. I couldn't care less about GameGear, and Master System works perfect on Picodrive.

I prefer the Game Gear games :), better than waiting 3 days for an Amiga game to load. The disk loading has killed the interest for me in the Amiga. I still can't get the touchscreen mouse emulation working as well as I want, I'll have another crack at the weekend and if I still make no progress I'll give up and release what I've done. I'll then be moving on to something else as I couldn't care less about the Amiga now.

Reesy said:
I prefer the Game Gear games :) , better than waiting 3 days for an Amiga game to load. The disk loading has killed the interest for me in the Amiga. I still can't get the touchscreen mouse emulation working as well as I want, I'll have another crack at the weekend and if I still make no progress I'll give up and release what I've done. I'll then be moving on to something else as I couldn't care less about the Amiga now.

Well thanks anyway m8. I'll look forward to your release even if it's only slightly better than the last one.

You ever considered trying to do a CPS3 Emulator? I know it's only 5 games, but if the Caanoo had a almost perfect CPS3 Emulator it would blow peoples minds and i believe a lot of people would buy one.

MartyB said:
Reesy said:
I prefer the Game Gear games :) , better than waiting 3 days for an Amiga game to load. The disk loading has killed the interest for me in the Amiga. I still can't get the touchscreen mouse emulation working as well as I want, I'll have another crack at the weekend and if I still make no progress I'll give up and release what I've done. I'll then be moving on to something else as I couldn't care less about the Amiga now.

Well thanks anyway m8. I'll look forward to your release even if it's only slightly better than the last one.

You ever considered trying to do a CPS3 Emulator? I know it's only 5 games, but if the Caanoo had a almost perfect CPS3 Emulator it would blow peoples minds and i believe a lot of people would buy one.

Fighting games are not my cup of tea.

Reesy said:

Fair enough, personally Mame takes up most of my time, arcade in your pocket, never could have guessed all those years ago when I was sticking ten pence pieces into Kungfu Master that one day I would have it in my pocket. I wish you luck with the emulator, but fear not if you can't get it working, you've done a marvelous job as it is, thanks.

Reesy said:

This still being released today Reesy? If not i can turn my PC off for the night. :)

Back