How Long Until We See Uae4All? (Amiga Emulator)

Well, thanks to qbertaddict and his great tutorial, I've managed to get it working!

What I ended up having to do was delete the kickstarts folder that I had in my uae4all directory. I had 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstarts in the kickstarts folder. It seems that the 1.3 kickstart in the kickstarts folder was conflicting with the kick.rom (1.3) in the root of the uae4all directory. After I deleted the kickstarts folder and downloaded qbertaddict's kick.rom (installed in root of uae4all), everything started to work!

Thanks again to qbertaddict for your great tutorial (saved a lot of time figuring out how to load adf's with your left bumper to load adf leave on reset technique) and to everyone else for your advice.

Thanks to reesy for this release and looking forward to a new release in the future!

as reesy is mentioned here.
Though, you "only" did the port, I would really like to support your efforts.
And I would even like to pay some money, if you continue developing, as there seems to be no way, Chui is doing so.
with best regards,
Akabei

Has anyone had any major problems with the port so far? What extra features are required? My list so far is as follows.

Save States
Custom key mapping
Improved touchscreen functionality
Fix disk loading bug when screen exits straight away

Anything else?

Thanks
Reesy

i think thats about it for me reesy,this emulator would then be pretty much perfection.you da man reesy.

Bab Cossettes said:
Well, thanks to qbertaddict and his great tutorial, I've managed to get it working!

What I ended up having to do was delete the kickstarts folder that I had in my uae4all directory. I had 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 kickstarts in the kickstarts folder. It seems that the 1.3 kickstart in the kickstarts folder was conflicting with the kick.rom (1.3) in the root of the uae4all directory. After I deleted the kickstarts folder and downloaded qbertaddict's kick.rom (installed in root of uae4all), everything started to work!

Thanks again to qbertaddict for your great tutorial (saved a lot of time figuring out how to load adf's with your left bumper to load adf leave on reset technique) and to everyone else for your advice.

Thanks to reesy for this release and looking forward to a new release in the future!
Glad to see it helped. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reesy said:
Has anyone had any major problems with the port so far? What extra features are required? My list so far is as follows.

Save States
Custom key mapping
Improved touchscreen functionality
Fix disk loading bug when screen exits straight away

Anything else?

Thanks
Reesy
Hi reesy,
like for every program for the caanoo, a joystick-deadzone would be really helpful.

I noticed that the emulator runs faster on the wiz. Is it possible to make it run the same? Or is this a hardware issue?

Greetings,
Marco

I would guess at the memory speed being the cause but may be I screwed up the build and missed a compiler options, or maybe I'm not implementing the MMU hack correctly. I'll check a few things and see. Could you name a game which runs obviously faster on the Wiz than the Caanoo, it would help with the testing since I do not have a Wiz for comparison.

Lotus esprit, Z-out and Creatures (great game) do not run well on the Caanoo but on the Wiz they are working fine (with overclocking).
It's playable with more frameskipping and CPU slower but then the sound is lower.

This is quite well optimized, but needs a little tweaking. The biggest step I always noticed with this emulator is when it's emulating disk read, it slows a lot, for a good example try "Jesus On E's" demo which read from disk 1 & 2 while it's running, it works perfect until it has to read the disk, then it goes really slow. Also I seem to have an issue with selecting a new disk image, the menu keeps jumping back to the main menu screen when ever I try to select a new game.

This works great! Thanks Reesy!
For some reason, Time Lock hangs after the second loading screen, though. This game runs on UAE4ALL for GP2X and PSP. I also seem to have found other games locking while loading.

Excuse my n00bity, but can anybody explain to me what the first two options do?? And how do you invoke the keyboard?

Wish, and I don;'t know if this is possible: instead of having to drag the pen around the screen to move the mouse pointer, can we make it as if it was a tablet? pointing to a part of the screen takes automatically the mouse pointer there. It would be awesome and work great for most games that need mouse input, like Lemmings.

Yep, menu's keep going haywire, there are some major bugs preventing me from selecting a disk image, I have to keep restarting the emulator, you might already know about this but I thought I should mention it just in case. Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been experiencing this weird issue?

markymark said:
Yep, menu's keep going haywire, there are some major bugs preventing me from selecting a disk image, I have to keep restarting the emulator, you might already know about this but I thought I should mention it just in case. Just out of curiosity, has anyone else been experiencing this weird issue?
Yes I have the issue as well. I showed a little work around on my video tutorial

qbertaddict said:
markymark said:
Yes I have the issue as well. I showed a little work around on my video tutorial

Cheers bud, just had a look, I understand now whats going on.

Maybe you can take a look to the Pandora UAE4ALL Menu.

191835P1000676.jpg

- You can choose easily your .adf with the DF0 and DF1 menu.

In the Custom Control Config, you can configure your controls (of course ^^) :

509120P1000677.jpg

The more options :

736904P1000678.jpg

but some may not be useful on Caanoo.

John4p, tuki_cat make great things here : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54915-uae4all-additions/page__st__615

Where is thsi tutorial everybody keeps mentioning? I do have the menu prblems!!

kikendo said:
Where is thsi tutorial everybody keeps mentioning? I do have the menu prblems!!

I followed Qbertaddict's tutorial on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/qbertaddict1?feature=mhum has all you need

cheers Qbertaddict! :D

Back