How Are You Feeling Right Now?

are you COMPLETELY satisfied?

• Total voters

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Website
robertocr.com
I don't want to bring up any hate, I just really wanna know how people are feeling towards all the pandora development.
Everyone here knows I'm really hoping for this project to succeed (even though I've been away for ages due to studying/work), so everyone knows it's not my intention to cause any harm. I just want people to carefully think what they feel and express it here. :mellow:

I would like it now, but I think they should have focused on things in a more optimized manner. For example, they did a great job at getting the final PCB done, but the case isn't done yet, the priorities could have been also shifted towards the case mold. Once that has initiated, then the Board could have been finalized(with the restriction of space(though it most likely wouldn't change much)) in time for it to go to mass production mode. Once the Mass Production test is all clear, then the mold should be done within a small amount of time(days to 2 weeks maybe) and be ready for assembly and sending out to the 'O so Hungry Consumers'!

Kloplop321 said:
I would like it now, but I think they should have focused on things in a more optimized manner. For example, they did a great job at getting the final PCB done, but the case isn't done yet, the priorities could have been also shifted towards the case mold. Once that has initiated, then the Board could have been finalized(with the restriction of space(though it most likely wouldn't change much)) in time for it to go to mass production mode. Once the Mass Production test is all clear, then the mold should be done within a small amount of time(days to 2 weeks maybe) and be ready for assembly and sending out to the 'O so Hungry Consumers'!
I know they feed you guys what they are doing, step-by-step, to calm the masses
but it's just bad to know people hyped it for november last year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloplop321 said:
I think they wanted to do the board first so they would know exactly how big to make the case. If they made the case a certain size, and the board didn't fit in the case, then everything would probably go to hell for a few months.

Well, I wouldn't have thought that anyone, including the team themselves, can honestly say (though obviously some did) that they are "completely satisfied" with everything.

I chose the first option as the reason. It'll all be forgiven once the Pandora's in my hands, though.

Aethix said:
Kloplop321 said:
I think they wanted to do the board first so they would know exactly how big to make the case. If they made the case a certain size, and the board didn't fit in the case, then everything would probably go to hell for a few months.
Correct. You can't just build a lovely outside, then jam the insides in.

Anyway, I don't see how anyone can be 100% satisfied right now, without Pandoras in their hands. I'm satisfied that they're doing their best though. Poll options like "I think they slowed down the development after some post-hype intervals" are unfair and untrue. Personally I don't see any point voting.

No offence, carry on. :p

Hmm, I chose yes therefore the checkboxes were not required for my vote, but the board wouldn't let me submit that saying that I had to answer all parts.

I chose the "other reason" because I'm perfectly happy with how things are going - okay there have been stumbles along the way but we're not talking about a big company with past experience and money to throw at getting priority treatment from their suppliers.

I vote for Craig receiving a knighthood if they manage to get the Pandora out by the end of the year! (And ED, MWeston et al receiving whatever their country's equivalent is.)

yep i am good. i am currently "satisfied" as it were though my health is less good having busted my knee after two 6 hour clubbing marathons which have taken its toll on my joints.

you see, i am not sure if some people are aware of this, but there is a life outside the pandora full of wonderful, if crippling, distractions :)

RenegadeChic said:
yep i am good. i am currently "satisfied" as it were though my health is less good having busted my knee after two 6 hour clubbing marathons which have taken its toll on my joints.
That's karma for you. Poor little seals. :(

Gruso said:
RenegadeChic said:
That's karma for you. Poor little seals. :(
:lol: i know, i am the WORST vegetarian ever!

craigix said:
I'm feeling great because this week we should see the first mass production Pandora PCBs.

Craig has spoken!

How do I feel about Pandora? Let me put it this way.

Gruso said:
Poll options like "I think they slowed down the development after some post-hype intervals" are unfair and untrue.
I'll be honest with you, Gruso. This is actually the main problem I saw during all the project (and the reason for me to start the poll).
Lot's of promising news and sneak peeks for everyone to get hyped, craig and his team are simply masters when it comes to this. Then, a long hopeless period. It is frustrating, more than it is satisfying.
I knew it was going to take long and all, I knew the pre-preorders period had to be this way so people would bet on it... but it's been so many "hype-silence-hype" cycles that I for one am enough of. It's not simply a marketing strategy, it's also a two-edged sword.

paeryn said:
Hmm, I chose yes therefore the checkboxes were not required for my vote, but the board wouldn't let me submit that saying that I had to answer all parts.

I vote for Craig receiving a knighthood if they manage to get the Pandora out by the end of the year! (And ED, MWeston et al receiving whatever their country's equivalent is.)
I wasn't really sure if the board would allow not to vote on an answer for the second question, so the "other reason" (unless explained otherwise, as people are voting and explaining the "other reason") shall be considered a kind of "I said I'm completely satisfied" (which is kinda confusing, lol).

about the "by the end of the year" commentary: that's a big problem, actually. no one benefits from people saying it's ok to give a lot of "it's ok if it takes another 4 or 5 months" votes for them. pressure is also an important factor for projects to succeed. I'm not saying we want a rushed product with flaws, but a product that is actually impressive for the time it's released.

craigix said:
I'm feeling great because this week we should see the first mass production Pandora PCBs.
I'm glad to see the project is coming along. Please take this poll results as a listener, not as a defender.
I believe everyone here wants the best for everyone, everyone's opinion is valid and I sincerely think the next hype cycle won't be harmful if it takes place only when there's only <2 weeks to proper launch ( = shipped first units).

The slow release is a factor, but I really dislike how they handled the keyboard. I think the community did a great job at finding something that was undecided, make many solid choices, then get swept aside.

Most likely I will feel better about the Pandora as a whole after spending a great deal of time with it, but I do strongly have to wonder why the keyboard couldn't use the communities design as remapping isn't as usable as simply using that design would.

Also have seen a number of other devices now that I'm almost as interested in, and for around the same price (sometimes less). So I have to question my choice in preordering (both times) and even now I feel like I should get a refund as the device continue to feels like it's another two months off.

I strongly believe in both the product quality and its successful future, so I'm not getting a refund. I'm having my pandora, and most probably (if I enjoy it as much as it has the potential to) I'm going to buy a lot of others to re-sell here :)

But I do have a negative feeling towards this "another two months off" feeling you mentioned :unsure: :(

Back