How Are You Feeling Right Now?

are you COMPLETELY satisfied?


  • Total voters
    119

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
476
Age
33
Location
São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Website
robertocr.com
midna25 said:
(Make better topic names next time.)
it was actually intentional to be kinda generic, so people would at least visit the poll ;)

WoD said:
I have a growing level of impatience, but it only manifests when I partake of these forums.
I used to have this kind of impatience only when reading the news and the forum, but now it has appeared while away from the computer... so I just felt like expressing it here

It's interesting to see reason #1 and #5 are the most chosen ones, exactly the ones I voted for. :ph34r:
I'm not exactly alone here then, people actually share this opinion.

also, pay attention to the fact that for every "no" person that voted for "other reason", there's a "yes" person that actually voted for at least one of the "unsatisfied" reasons.
Did someone here actually say "yes" as completely satisfied, then voted for "unsatisfied" reasons? :huh:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

typs lik dis

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
328
My TI calculator keeps freezing and the screen gets all wavy when I try to run some ASM apps, the brownies I made a few days ago are all gone, and I rolled my ankle today playing tennis, causing a rather nasty sprain; finally, I just lost one of the damn removable weights from my G5 mouse. No, I am not satisfied.

Isn't this poll in the wrong forum? What does it have to do with the Pandora?
 

Holliefant

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
476
I am not satisfied because I really wanted to take my Pandora with me on Holydays..
But it's not so bad... Just really wanted it.
I will be satisfied when I hold my little precious in my hands (not the one I usualy have in my hands :rolleyes: ) :)
 

mindlord

Notices Two Things
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,790
Location
In a cave.
Website
Visit site
I don't know exactly why I don't feel COMPLETELY satisfied. I simply can't bring myself to vote that way. While I am happy things are starting to truly come to a close. I somewhat feel jaded by the whole thing. There was a lot of built up expectations, and dashed hopes. Certain things rubbed me the wrong way, but all in all I'm okay with how things are turning out.

I can't help but feel that communication between the individual team members and between the community at large could have been better. It took months for clear and concise answers to very easy to answer questions to surface. Certain team members started to really get the hang of disseminating information without adding too much hype, and I quickly learned which sources I could trust, and which ones I couldn't. I'm not trying to dog anyone in particular, because everyone is guilty to some degree, and I know I'm guilty of repeating bad information on more than one occasion. At the beginning of the year, there was no one voice (or source) that stood out and said "Okay people, this is the scoop..." By the way, what happened to Chip?

I also can't help but feel that opportunities for parallel tasking were missed, and the project could have already been completed by now, with no loss in quality. I understand that they are working in their spare time, but that doesn't mean that time couldn't have been used more wisely... I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20...

I know I shouldn't complain about money, but I also can't help but feel that a couple of extra dollars thrown at certain avoidable problems might have sped things up immensely. The longer the Pandora stays in production, the less money OP ltd is going to make in the long run.
 

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
476
Age
33
Location
São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Website
robertocr.com
mindlord said:
I also can't help but feel that opportunities for parallel tasking were missed, and the project could have already been completed by now, with no loss in quality. I understand that they are working in their spare time, but that doesn't mean that time couldn't have been used more wisely... I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20...
I hope the pandora plays some iphone games <_<
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Enverex

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
530
Age
35
Location
Worcester, UK
Website
robotbutler.org
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
mindlord said:
I also can't help but feel that opportunities for parallel tasking were missed, and the project could have already been completed by now, with no loss in quality. I understand that they are working in their spare time, but that doesn't mean that time couldn't have been used more wisely... I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20...
I hope the pandora plays some iphone games <_<

Assuming they are open source then they should be easily portable due to the same arch and similar chipsets.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
476
Age
33
Location
São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Website
robertocr.com
Enverex said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
mindlord said:
I also can't help but feel that opportunities for parallel tasking were missed, and the project could have already been completed by now, with no loss in quality. I understand that they are working in their spare time, but that doesn't mean that time couldn't have been used more wisely... I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20...
I hope the pandora plays some iphone games <_<

Assuming they are open source then they should be easily portable due to the same arch and similar chipsets.
( I know that, I was just being very sarcastic and mean about parallel projects ) ( but thx for the answer :) you are good, regular people would just reply with arrogant small links )
 
Last edited by a moderator:

bzar

A Commando
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
4,492
Location
Finland
Website
Visit site
mindlord said:
By the way, what happened to Chip?

Good question. I've seen him make maybe one or two forum posts since the Great GP32x Forum Crisis.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

guizm

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
119
Location
España!
The people who vote they were completely satisfied... is really true? i mean, i preorder in februry, they told me it was going to be released in two months... and now im veeery exhausted. By this, im thinkin in two points, first its that if they ( OP team ) were really expecting to release pandora in november after preorders in september, the true is that not, they lie us. Second one is people that preorder in september, almost a year ago... arent you tired and getting bored? I visit the blog every day since februry and im getting really bored. Im not going to cancell my order, i've wait too much and im not going to loose all my time dreaming with the Pandora. I just wanted to give my own opinion of all this, i dont care if it even came in 2010, but i want the OP team to say the real release date.
And please, no more " Two more months "
 

.Gogeta§§J4BR.

that brazilian guy =`]
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
476
Age
33
Location
São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Website
robertocr.com
guizm said:
The people who vote they were completely satisfied... is really true? i mean, i preorder in februry, they told me it was going to be released in two months... and now im veeery exhausted. By this, im thinkin in two points, first its that if they ( OP team ) were really expecting to release pandora in november after preorders in september, the true is that not, they lie us. Second one is people that preorder in september, almost a year ago... arent you tired and getting bored? I visit the blog every day since februry and im getting really bored. Im not going to cancell my order, i've wait too much and im not going to loose all my time dreaming with the Pandora. I just wanted to give my own opinion of all this, i dont care if it even came in 2010, but i want the OP team to say the real release date.
And please, no more " Two more months "
Apart from the "i dont care if it even came in 2010", I 100% agree with you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top